Happy New Year 2020

2019, 2020, but always QuarterToThree. Happy New Year Everybody.

Thanks for the lovely words, Skip. I’m really looking forward to hanging out again next week <3

2019 was consistently exciting for me, albeit not always in fun ways. I ran the second season of my runaway success StS! campaign for ~20 players here in Raleigh with the help of some great friends. I took trips to GenCon (tabletop RPG convention), ProgPower (power and progressive metal festival), and Disney World (big trip with the lady-friend), and got to “cater” for many events with my friends, including our annual cabin party in May with the old high school gang, a close friend’s birthday cabin shindig in April, and my friend James’s annual New Year’s Day Boardgame party and Blizzcon viewing party (well, more pro-Hong-Kong protest party this year, but whatevs).

There were lots of issues, too. My health’s been pretty shite entirely through my own fault, and my stress from overcommitments lead to me failing many people I care about. My partner’s mental and physical health continue to be mightily precarious, and our financial situation was rocked noticeably by the unexpected loss of her car in a bad wreck early last year. I also wasted a lot of money on expensive-but-ultimately-unnecessary fixes for computer problems. . . Meanwhile, the RPG collective I help run was hit by some nasty interpersonal issues that damaged the community and leadership morale badly, affecting one close friend in particular.

Being a fool, I spent way too much on Xmas, continue over-eating shitty fast food, and committed to even more RPG-related things this year, but maybe I’ll manage to learn a lesson here or there.

Brother, we can both take that away. I lost 60 lbs a few years ago and have 35 back. It’s depressing, I know where this is headed. If you or anyone else want to start up a buddy thread to force our way through change, I’m there.

But first, we dine with Skip in Raleigh.