Happy New Year you Glorious Bastards!

Looks great.

Happy new year!

ow my head

happy 2023

Whoa. I’m always in awe of the talent folks on Qt3 have (well, other folks, not me for sure). Art and music ability in particular are things for which I have massive respect, and I’d hang that painting in my house any day.

Happy new year!

Welcome to 2023!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! If anyone is intersted, I have been detailing my attempt at teaching myself how to paint for the last… almost 3 years now (!) in this thread here.

I did manage to stay up and watch the countdown on the rockin’ New Years party - we watched about 60 seconds of that, enough to find it on the cable TV and then watch the countdown as is tradition, then we went to bed at last. I’m getting too old for this, lol. My wife slept on the chair for like 2 hours before I woke her up a few minutes til the hour!

We gave up watching the Ball drop years ago. I know when it turns Midnight because my kids text us!

We were hoping for a quiet evening at home last night but Mexicans, New Years, and explosives go together like enchiladas, rice, & beans :). We couldn’t even walk the dogs before retiring for the evening for all the M-80’s going off in our housing complex.

Until 2 AM, I might add :)

Neighbors somewhere woke me and my wife from our slumber with redneck celebrations – read: yee-haw gunshots. Assholes.

I spotted two bald eagles perched on the ice in the Mississippi last night across the road from our house, which I took as an auspicious sign for the new year. That, or they were trying to tell me I’m getting even balder in '23!

I hope everyone has a great year!

I wish I was taller
I wish you was balder
I wish you had a girl so I coulda called her
to say Happy New Year

My daughter in law is a genius!

She played a recorded New Years Eve from a year ago and then they celebrated as if the ball came down with my young grandchildren about 7 PM and they went to bed right after! So they got to bash pots and pans around the whole nine yards!

Happy new year QT3! I hope you stay around for many years to come.