Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

Anyone else pick this up yet? I grabbed it for Wii this weekend and am having a blast with it so far. It’s basically Phoenix Wright redux (the EXACT same game mechanics) but more in the style of an interactive cartoon.

I’m amazed at how good it looks. Yeah the original TV show doesn’t exactly have cutting-edge animation but it’s transferred flawlessly to Wii, to the point at which you are 100% playing the cartoon. The humor/writing is (FWIW) on par with the show itself.

Definitely worth looking at. It’s cheap, too.

I’ve read it’s really short, which is the only reason I haven’t picked it up.

I’ve done the first 2 cases (I think) and have had a blast. I have not played the PW games yet but I am going to grab them as soon as I finish Birdman. It does seem like its going to be a short game though.

Holy Jesus. I have remarked on numerous occasions how much I’d like to see a Birdman game with Phoenix Wright mechanics. Then to find out they’ve been working on it all along? This is awesome.

On the way from GameFly.

Is it safe to play with kids in the room?

Really? I’d thought about picking it up, but Game Informer’s review (the only one I’ve read so far) said just the opposite. HB was one of my favorite Adult Swim toons.

The length of the game is the only factor keeping me from picking it up. I think when it’s on sale or at a bargain price I’ll grab it. I still need to grab Phoenix Wright 3 before Apollo is released in Feb.

So far it seems very tame, yes.

And it’s definitely v.short. Perhaps that’s why it is cheap.

I’ve been looking everywhere for that game. No one seems to have ordered a retail copy of the psp version. I might break down and buy it online.

At the risk of being accused of viral marketing (again) if anybody does have little kids (i.e. around 4 to 7 yo) the Wii Disney Princess game is a huge hit with my daughter… very simple for them to pick up and immediately understand and play…

I will check out that Harvey Birdman game (for me) too…

Thanks for the kind words Whitta… at the risk of also going viral, the PS2 version will run fine on a PS3. And yes, we priced it at what we felt the appropriate value for its length was. If you like the show, the game is basically a new half season or so of content in interactive form.

I expect you to produce a Venture Bros. game of some sort within the hour! Also, make The Monarch a playable character in some way. Hop to!

I got the Harvey Birdman game, I like it a lot.

No one plays the Monarch!

For once, the use of “very” is appropriate. Breezed through this in about 4 hours. I hate to say it, but it’s a bargain game waiting to happen.

The voice acting is intact, there’s good use of the show’s supporting cast members, and the art is faithful to the show (which was primitive to begin with, but it looked pretty good on the Wii, with no obvious jaggies). However, racy subtexts are generally reined in.

OK to play with kids in the room as long as they don’t know what a blow-up sex doll is, why there would be stars on a picture in a pron folder, or what a backrub from your cellmate might mean. Fortunately, mine didn’t, and enjoyed the cases along with me.

EDIT: fixed spelling error

How much disposable income do y’all have exactly? “Harvey Birdman”?

New Harvey Birdman incoming! Apparently this was announced in May, but I missed it. October 14.

Turns out that this, and a lot of other Adult Swim stuff, is now on All4 in the UK. Hooray!

Was that a special of some kind? A new series?

Special. I assume as a test to see if there was appetite for a revival.