Hearthstone - Blizzard's F2P Digital Card Game

It has be a while for sure, still here but just lurking mostly.

How is everyone liking the expansion so far?

Ice block and Barnes are gone!!! Yipeeee!

I’m enjoying hand druid, but the constructed scene still seems to be spiteful priest and cubelock which my hand druid deck has difficulty with.

I crush the Baku paladin and hunter decks though, so I guess I should be grateful those control decks are still popular as that keeps quite a few people playing the aggro to counter.

The only time I faced it I also beat Shudderwock or whatever it’s name is, the stupid annoying shaman combo. I don’t think the person piloting it knew what they were doing however. Still, 100% winrate vs shudderwock confirmed.

Lucky you. I’ve played a dozen or so games in the last few days (only because of the win-10-play-games quest) and half the decks have been that stupid combo deck. Won twice, lost the rest. That’s a solitaire deck, much like the rogue quest decks a few sets ago - if they get their draw, there’s nothing you can do but watch. I’ve started just conceding to any shaman, it’s not worth the time to sit through 15 minutes of delay tactics to see if they got the draw. Soon as I get my 10 games, I’m staying the hell out of play mode.

Still playing regularly, feel free to add me: prolix#1107

Nice to see Shudderwock fading away, that card is hot garbage. Reminds me of the rogue quest before they nerfed it: it wasn’t super-powerful, but losing to it felt so awful that they had to do something about it. I think this one will dodge the nerfbat though, which is fine as long it focuses Blizzard on more pressing problems. LOOKING AT YOU CALL TO ARMS

I wouldn’t bet on Shudderwock fading too quickly as both Trump and Kripparian did videos with improved Shudderwock decklists that don’t immediately crumble to aggro decks.

If they just speed up the animation of it I don’t really mind Shudderwock, it’s the 10 and 15 minute turns that are a problem. Doesn’t really matter to me too much though as I’m back in arena now. I think my constructed record the last 2 days is something like 5-20; I don’t enjoy the meta decks and can’t beat them with the decks I do enjoy.

Ben Brode announced today that he and Blizzard are parting ways. I’m going to miss his presence, especially during reveal season for new expansions. Man, this one will be felt.

Brode dropped the surprise announcement today in a message saying that he’s going to help start a new company that will “probably make games.”

“After 15 years at Blizzard and almost 10 years working on Hearthstone, I have made the incredibly difficult decision to embark on a new journey,” Brode wrote.

“Man, that was a hard sentence to type.”

And it was hard to read, sigh.

Cube lock is still here. They lost N’Zoth but otherwise the deck is unchanged, and there’s no good counter for it right now.

Even if you run aggro they can wipe you out with defiles and hellfires, and they have like infinite healing with dark pact and the soul stone. That deck is the problem right now. Dark Pact needs a nerf. It has to restore less life or cost more mana.

Apparently they’re capping it at 20 battlecries, and speeding up the animations. Doesn’t sound all that much better to me. I’m still not interested in playing against it.

Yea, 20 battlecries doesn’t actually mean anything since they player will have 5 or 8 or so 1 mana copies of it in their hand (thanks to Saronite Chain Gang, Murmuring ele, and Grumble) they’ll be able to play the turn after it initially hits the board, and 5 or 8 times 20 is still too much.

The faster animations are the main thing. Agree that a twenty-battlecry cap isn’t really a nerf. You only need like six or eight battlecries anyway.

It sucks to play against, but I don’t think it does very well against warlocks, which are still all over the place. So I think the meta will keep it in check.

So, new single player mode! Beast hunting in the Witchwood. Same thing as the dungeon delve, basically, but instead of playing one of the traditional classes you get to use a Witchwood-themed hero(ine).

I got through one match before there was some kind of server fail, pretty much par for the course for any new release day in an online game. Looking forward to playing some more when things are working again.

Shudderwock OTK isn’t even a good deck. I played against it three times with my dinky paladin deck and won every time.

Gotta love arena. All 3 of my losses in today’s rogue arena were to Tarim. The first of those was a rogue who got to shadowstep a Tarim he got from a Sindragosa minion.

Primordial Drake used to be my least favorite card in arena. Today’s arena finally puts Tarim on top of the list, where he probably should have been for a while. Honorable mention naturally goes to MCT.

Trying the single player Witchwood content for the first time. Tracker vs The Whisperer is funny. Turn 2 kill if you don’t mind wearing out your clicking finger!

MCT is a really obnoxious card in arena, but it’s not a great card on the level of those other cards. It’s only good if you’re already losing, and even then you’ll need to hope the RNG works out to get you back in the game.

You can actually do it as a turn 1 kill if you have the ability that lowers your hero power cost. I’ve only fought the Whisperer once, and I’ve never seen any of their cards.

I beat the Whisperer on turn 1 with the Time Tinkerer, the -1 mana for spells treasure, and drawing Arcane Missiles in my opening hand.

I can’t clear with the Houndmaster, though. The other 3 heroes were no problem. Houndmaster dies as soon as you can’t clear every minion the opponent plays, because Hunter has no card draw and his minions are weak. There was a minotaur who played a card called “Bag of Gnomes” that filled his board with random gnomes on turn 4. I had a 1/1 dog and 3 cards. Every other run I hit the Face Collector, who plays a 1 drop and makes it a 3 drop on turn 3, I trade into it, then he plays Chain Gang and makes one a 6 drop on turn 4 and I can’t do shit about it.

Draft removal! you say, but Hunter removal is shit and you never get it anyway. The best run I had with him was drafting poison minions. Still lost to the face collector on like turn 7 when he played Doppelgangster.

I can’t complete a Dungeon Run, in classic or in Witchwood. I get to one of the last three fights and find out that I built my deck completely wrong, even though it was great up to that point.

I did the best with the Tracker in Witchwood, using the treasure that reduces the cost of spells that didn’t start in your deck by 1. If you start the game off by using the Echo “2 damage to a minion” spell, you can use your hero power to get it back every turn and have a 1-mana spell that you can cast as many times as you want to clear the board. I made it all the way to the last guy with that.

I haven’t gotten past the 6th fight yet. I’ve played the first three heroes, just doing the quests that pop up, and I’ve died in the 6th fight every time.

If Witchwood dungeon runs actually get harder after the 6th fight it’s going to be quite a while before I beat all the bosses, assuming I ever do. I never did beat the boss from the previous adventures that ate your deck.