Hearts of Iron 4 announced

it is far cry from Mohawk game’s Leyla response to my “Great game but you need better documentation post”

[

Leyla_Johnson](Profile - Leyla_Johnson - Quarter To Three Forums)

Strollen

Jul 2

You have my word that we will improve. I am taking everything said here and will do something with it. Tom is someone we listen to closely as well, we would be fools not to, and hopefully, as you know us by now, we will improve the experience for the players.
It is not like the frustrations expressed here were things we do not think we should work on, we are actually right now on an open thread on our internal chat, Slack, discussing these exact issues.
Thank you for taking the time to elaborate and tag us for these issues, and also for trusting that we are here and we are listening, and trusting that we care. My fear is not being able to do all the things possible because they might not be possible for us to do, but if they were consider them done.

Then those words were backed by action, a manual, lots of detailed answers on the forum, and terrific set of designers notes.

Now to be fair the HOI IV team, has done good job with giving us a preview of what to expect in NSB.
The tank designer is pretty much what expected, although I didn’t expect a 50-100% increase in tank costs. The Russian focus tree, has become too complex, although typical of the last couple of years of DLC.

But supply has pretty much broken the game for me. This was not a reassuring answer. I couple this with Paradox breaking Surviving Mars, and I understand the last EU DLC was also a piece of shit.

I’m excited about Victoria 3, but my confidence in their ability to execute is really low.