Helldivers (Magicka x Starship Troopers)

Sorry I had to bail so suddenly @Papageno and @espressojim. I hadn’t been keep track of time and had to help get the kids to bed. My clock management skills were definitely off tonight, I utterly failed to keep track of he Super Destroyer leaving time. Sorry!

Did you guys make it out in the end?

What were the main objectives of the last one where you had to bail? I’m trying to remember the timeline. Was it the one where one of the mission markers was concentric circles? Because we wiped on that one.

We have a group of 6-7 that play every evening (and some days) on my discord. Any of you are more than welcome to pop in and join anytime. Discord

It was the one with the ore samples, so yes. I had just died and the Super Destroyer had left, and you all had to head to the extract without any chance of reinforcement.

The odds were stacked against you, so I’m not shocked it ended in a wipe.

My helldiver survived but missed the extraction. I like to imagine he’s still there fighting. Killing bugs with his bare hands.

And his teeth! Although that may be problematic what with the helmet and all.

Anyone know what came with the latest patch?

There’s a “Destroy Factory Strider” mission and apparently those also spawn more in general. They can deploy alongside the drop ships in a bot drop.

I just quickplayed one of those but never actually saw the thing. Do they come out of dropships? Maybe if got destroyed when the ship was shot down or one of the other players (none of them on comms) killed it somehow…

Oh and there was a repeat of the “self-canceling reinforce” bug we ran into yesterday.

Your Discord is the PC Master Race one? Who knew?

Not that I would know how to join a game through Discord. Is there an ELI5 of how to do it somewhere?

That link gives me the following:

(I’m in a bunch of other discord servers, and those work just fine.)

Discord weird, didn’t do anything odd with it

That one worked! Is there a place where I should share my friend code with the players there?

Now it took me to the right place, thanks.

When it’s not your day.

An Eagle never misses.

The “oh no” is what does it for me.

I have heard similar comments right before a friendly fire team wipe.

Did you fall into a hole or something? I couldn’t quite make out what killed you.

It wasn’t me, but I think the death was caused by the weird way Elite bug bodies still exist in the world, post-death. Falling onto a dead Bile Titan’s leg is treated the same as being swatted by a live Bile Titan’s leg and, post-hunter attack, it was enough damage to finish him off.

The Eagle slicing him into bits was just the chef kiss dénouement.

That finished me. Just beautiful.

So that last thing seemed to happen while he was already ragdolling? I saw something hit him–what it one of the bombs dropped by the eagle air strike?

No, it was the Eagle. As in the aircraft itself.

He got fired into the air by a dead Bile Titan and then cut in half in mid air by his own air support.