Hello darkness my old friend - playing the Songs of Silence.

This is an interesting 4X game with tactical combat - the twist is the tactical combat is resolved like an autobattler. Meant to be able to be “played in an evening” which I appreciate.

Plus the art is chef’s kiss

download

The kickstarter has a week to go - nearly at the level needed for Co-op multiplayer!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chimeraent/songs-of-silence#

Demo available on Steam.

Definitely up there on my most anticipated games for 2024!!

The art direction is fantastic - a sort of Moebius but a lot more detailed - Love it!

Yeah, that art is really really good stuff. No clue about the game, but it’d make a hell of a desktop image generator.

ooooh, tell me you love Dominions, without telling me you love Dominions!

I can’t get the demo to download though, the button does nothing for me.

Definitely picking this up. Demo was really nice. Think it was time limited though.

This looks great. Anyone have any idea how this plays on the Steam Deck? I imagine it works well, as they’re targeting simultaneous console release, but impressions would be good.

This went right on my wishlist. Does anyone know if you can script troop actions prior to battle like you can with Dominions?

Hmm, sorry to be the thread’s Debbie Downer, but planned early access starting in a month lasting for 4-5 months (!), with a really confusing breakdown of what’s left to finish in those 4-5 months? I wish them luck with that. Also a developer I’ve never heard of with only a single puzzle game listed on Steam from about ten years ago? Who lists “difficulty options” as a stretch goal?

I appreciate y’all’s enthusiasm for potential, but to me, this looks like artwork in search of a game. I hope it finds one.

And since it has a demo, I’ll certainly be curious to hear any thoughts on it. So far, we have one “really nice” and that’s it. : )

That’s Art Nouveau, the game really is beautiful but isn’t very readable for me unfortunately.

It’s kind of weird, I really dislike the images posted in the OP but the look of things in-game I like. Thankfully for me that’s the important part. :)

I can elaborate. It’s got a little bit of tactical, rts, rpg and 4x elements. Which are a few of my favorite things. It probably suffers most from trying to do too many things without being deep enough in any of them. Therefore I would append -lite after each of the aforementioned gameplay elements. The rts battles are probably the most simplistic using cards to play in the battle and you can’t pause to give orders. Always something I dislike. Basebuilding and overworld were a bit sparse as well. Which hopefully was due to its demo status.

It is a gorgeous game, but gameplay is always king so I’m not sure if its simplicity will pull someone back for just one more turn. I typically will play the full campaign and then I’m done. Replayability is not usually an issue for me, but it may be for some.

I was watching a vid of someone playing the demo and they were pausing a battle to give orders. A popup said you can pause the battle at anytime by clicking a button on the bottom right.