Help me find T-Shirts of +1 AC

First: this is not a joke. It’s something I am really looking for, and I’ve had no luck at all finding it on the intarwebs.

I like to wear short-sleeve crew neck t-shirts made of very thick fabric. I’m talking wayyyy beyond beefy-T, to the point that they are more like +1 AC cloth armor. What can I say? It’s a dangerous world, and I need all the protection I can get. Plus, they’re comfortable as hell.

I have a set of Gramici short-sleeve shirts, in solid colors, made of this perfect, thick 100% cotton fabric. Unfortunately, I’ve worn them so much that they’ve begun to wear out. I can’t find any shirts, anywhere, that are as thick and sturdy to replace them.

This Gramici “camp zone” long-sleeve tee looks like a similar fabric… some kind of marketing doublespeak “double crater weave knit”, but it’s the right texture so it might be equivalent to the shirts I have.

… but it’s long sleeve, which is not an option.

Help a fellow adventurer out. Wimpy, thin crew neck short sleeve t-shirts suck!

Are jeans +1 or +2 AC?

I remember working in a construction yard, and the end of a bundle of metal studs got my jeans, tore a huge hole, but my flesh was unharmed. It would have been a hell of a wound of the jeans weren’t there.

Maybe we need another poll.

Damn … you’re right that’s a bit tough to find. However if I were looking for something heavier than a t-shirt but short sleeved I might wear a t-shirt over a wicking shirt, like by Nike or Underarmor.

I think jeans would be +2 but -2 vs. fire.

Do you mean something like this?

I think some hemp clothing is pretty durable…perhaps even +2.

You might try Land’s End, they have some pretty durable tshirts. They can be pricey and yuppified though. :P

There’s a comment about fire’s ass and -2 AC for jeans just waiting to be made here.

I, however, am not going to be the one to make it.

WUmpus - great thread. I’d like to find some like this too. Did you check LL Bean?

I think REI sells Gramici, and you should be able to get it from theiir stores (although I don’t see it on the website).

EDIT: and for those of use old-timers, would this be an AC9 or AC8 shirt?

Ooooh, no: let’s not have an “up a level, down a level” bout of D&D-based numerical confusion. Stick with 3rd ED rules, dude.

3rd ED? Shit, brother, I never made the transition to 2nd.

How about just getting a t-shirt with the slogan “My other shirt is a wife-beater vest”.

I promise no-one will fuck with you after that.

I think REI sells Gramici, and you should be able to get it from theiir stores (although I don’t see it on the website).

I was at REI in Berkeley the other day. They have a great selection of (non-jean) pants made of durable, heavy cotton fabrics-- but I couldn’t find any shirts made of similarly heavy fabrics at REI. :(

Great pants selection though.

I were looking for something heavier than a t-shirt but short sleeved I might wear a t-shirt over a wicking shirt

I can’t do the “shirt over another shirt” thing. Lots of guys do it here at work, but personally I get uncomfortably hot with two layers.

Cloth was AC 9, so a +1 would be AC 8.

AC8: Padded cloth
AC7: Leather
AC6: Studded Leather
AC5: Chain
AC4: Brigandine
AC3: Plate Mail
AC2: Field
AC1: Full

This looks like a gambeson you can wear in real life:

http://www.firebloodarms.com/FB10174.html

Official clothier to the East Bay.

I keep joking that when my friends move over here from the “West Bay” I’ll go over with them and help them pick out their new wardrobe.

Good to see you showing your class!

Been a big fan of Hawaii’s “Crazy Shirts” for just this reason. Thick and comfortable as hell, until they’ve been washed a thousand times.

Mark’s Work Wearhouse has all sorts of Denver Hayes polo/crew neck shirts like the ones you seem to be looking for. Really thick, and you can see all the cross hatching and stuff. It’s actually too thick for my liking. But they all sorts of shirts like this - the thinner cross-hatching polo/crew neck shirts, the light and loose stretch shirts, nice regular loose thick T-shirts.

Mark’s is a Canadian retialer, but they must be an equivelent in the States. They basically seel everything from those thick pipeline operater overalls to semi-formal dress stuff.