Help me remember the name of this game!

Perhaps this one?

This is the successor:

I love both.

No, not those. It might have had “empires” in the title,

The fame/corruption mechanic and Tom liking it, makes me think you are referring to Field of Glory, Empires.

Well, I’d recommend checking out those, but since I’m in the game now, how about this one:

edit: he beat me to it

I will also post it , since I searched for it. :)

That’s it. I didn’t remember it being part of the FoG series. I was remembering Empires as being a series of linked battles.

Thanks, guys

And don’t forget to keep your eye on the sequel!

I’m not quite sold on it yet. I’ll wait for Field of Glory: Duchy.

Can this be the Qt3 “help me find this game” thread?

Anyone remember a game from the mid-80’s that 1) ran on Apple II (or II+) 2) was single or multiplayer and 3) was some strategic galactic conquest game? The game map was planet spread over the screen (named by letters or numbers) & you’d send ships to attack neutral and human star planets.

Multiplayer quite limits the possibilities. Imperium Galacticum maybe?

I know I’m going to date myself with the age of this game, but I was a kid.

These were super basic graphics, almost akin to games that were run on a BBS. Actually they weren’t even graphics, it was just the black computer screen with white planet numbers (in whatever Apple font was in 1984) on the screen. Sorta like this:

Is it Imperium Galactum - Wikipedia ?

This is what I thought of when reading the description. So many memories popped up.

Played it on an Atari 800xl.

On MobyGames, Gigatrek and Planet Miners seem to fit some aspects of your description. Maybe one of those?

That looks similar, but looking through an Atari site I think I found it (or a clone), Galaxy. I had forgotten all about the 400/800 and you led me to find this. Thanks!

Glad I could help! Brought back a lot of memories of game I’d forgotten.

Not because I’m old you understand.

At all.

I can’t find the thread just now but it turns out the game that was on the tip of my tongue for years was…

Ignition!

There was a game. Late 90s, perhaps? Early 2000s? At least 20 years old. It reminded me of something ‘sim’. Sim Ant? No. Sim City? No. There were pretty detailed ‘jungle’ or ‘trees’ for the time period, isomorphic view, tile based. I remember… building something over those trees. There were little white birds that flew out of the trees sometimes. Something about… water. Rivers nearby? Soil? Fences? Powerlines being built? Were you building a theme park? A city? A road? I don’t remember!

Sounds like a pretty accurate description of Black & White XD

SimIsle maybe?