Here I Stand Forum Game: The Thread for the Aforementioned Forum Game of Here I Stand

Pass. I have one non mandatory event card left and a capacity of 2. Did I get that right?

Played Janissaries for 5 CP
Build 4 cavalry to the Persian Revolt
Attack Persian Revolt
10 dice, score 3 hits
4 dice back, score one hit
One rebel remaining

@CF_Kane

EDIT: No cards remaining, I will be passing for the rest of the turn.

I’ll play Fountain of Youth for 2CPs. First CP is to assault in Mainz (11/2=6 +2 dice from Charles vs. 2 for the Protestants). Any response/combat cards @Tom_Mc?

None at this time.

Battle in Mainz:

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - 8 dice for the Hapsburgs

** Hapsburgs rolls 8 d6 (+0): 3,6,2,5,6,6,1,4

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - 4 hits is more than enough.

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - 2 dice for the Prots.

** Hapsburgs rolls 2 d6: 5,2

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - One hit.

That eliminates the Protestant unit in Mainz. Phillip of Hesse is captured. Mainz becomes Hapsburg controlled, but remains Protestant.

Second CP is to move Charles V and 9 units to Trier, leaving Alva and a regular behind to garrison Mainz.

Over to @CraigM for the English move.

I was chatting amongts some players here. I am not going to be putting up with this stress and frustration for the duration. I’m prepping and uploading a file that I hope will allow English or whoever to play out the rest. I just don’t see any kind of sensible path forward here. All I would spend my time doing here is waiting for the moment to throw it to anyone but the Hapsburgs at this point.

This was pretty terrible and has me re evaluating what I think of what would have otherwise been a favorite game. I might have been able to grudgingly get through a day of this face to face but I am not going to be throwing a lot of time at this that just makes me angry.,

We had a chance to talk a little bit about the situation. I got some good perspective and will be carrying on here. I hope @CraigM still has a good idea of what to do for his move.

I’m glad you are continuing. The game is just starting and so far I have the feeling the Protestant player is supposed to slowly gain power through the game.

This is definately true. My issue was that there were a number of other things happening to make particular set of circumstances pretty nasty. But we will see how this goes. The Catholics here are also catching some early bad luck and circumstances as well. You got beat up with those Counterreformation roles there and France has way more of Italy than I’d like if I were you.

The plight of the Germans has gone unnoticed to this point, with English ability to intervene limited. Alas we can but offer moral support at this time.

But that is all that needs be doing, as it appears the Duke of Alva has been freelancing with designs of his own kingdom. This was unacceptable usurpation, and has led to the Duke being forcibly retired from public life to a farm near Sevilla.

Play Threat to Power targeting Duke of Alva. On a 1-3 he is removed for a turn, 4-6 from the game.

Roll is 4, Duke of Alva is removed from the game.

@panzeh

Francis I is also very concerned with the Holy Roman Emperor’s abridgement on the rights of the electors of the Holy Roman Empire… However, with his armies securing his conquests in Italy, he is not currently in any position to do anything about it.

The King of France is pondering supporting the accession of the Duke of Bavaria as the new Holy Roman Emperor in light of these abuses of Imperial authority.

As of now, though. France plays the Wartburg for 2 CP to send a journey of exploration out to the New World. On to the Papacy @Juan_Raigada

The Duke never hurt anyone. Except all those Protestants I guess. Too bad about the whole treason thing.

• Papacy plays Sack of Rome for 5 CP.
  • Contarini is committed.
    <(Papacy)> - First I commit Contarini to get +2 for my burn books action (2 CP)
    <(Papacy)> - Target 1: Trier
    <(Papacy)> - 8 Papal die
    <(Papacy)> - 3 protestant
    ** Papacy rolls 8 d6 (+0): 1,6,4,5,2,2,2,5
    ** Papacy rolls 3 d6: 6,3,3
    <(Papacy)> - Tie, no change
    <(Papacy)> - Target 2 Cologne
    <(Papacy)> - Papacy 5 die vs 3 protestant die
    ** Papacy rolls 5 d6: 2,5,6,5,2
    ** Papacy rolls 3 d6: 3,5,3
    <(Papacy)> - Converts
    <(Papacy)> - That’s 2 CP spent
    <(Papacy)> - Another 2 CP for another 2 attempts
    <(Papacy)> - This time without the debater bonus
    <(Papacy)> - Target 1: Worms
    <(Papacy)> - 4 papacy vs 1 protestant
    ** Papacy rolls 4 d6: 1,6,4,1
    ** Papacy rolls 1 d6: 2
    <(Papacy)> - Converts
    <(Papacy)> - Target 2: Mainz
    <(Papacy)> - 6 papacy vs 3 protestant
    ** Papacy rolls 6 d6: 3,4,3,6,3,2
    ** Papacy rolls 3 d6: 3,4,6
    <(Papacy)> - tie, stays.

<(Papacy)> - The last CP is used for St Peter’s

Over to @Tom_Mc

Pass here with 1 card in hand. No cards in Ottoman hand so auto pass there and onto @CF_Kane.

Trace Italienne for 3CPs. I use 1 to take Trier, but lose a unit in the process. Thanks to the counter mix, that unit needs to be a regular rather than a mercenary (boo!).

Remaining 2CPs are used to send the Spanish Hispaniola company to the New World to found a colony.

@Panzeh to play.

Technically jumping the gun as I do have a card in had I could still play.

But I am passing at this moment anyhow so it’s all right.

Sorry! I thought you had said you were passing.

France Plays Colonial Governor/Native Uprising for 2 CP to build 2 mercenaries in Paris.

On to the next not-passing power.

@Juan_Raigada i think?

Pope is out of cards. Prots (@Tom_Mc) have one to play or pass.