Here I Stand Forum Game: The Thread for the Aforementioned Forum Game of Here I Stand

I think we’ve agreed that the assault is good and France has launched a voyage of exploration. The Papacy should be good to go. If it hasn’t been already we’ll want to mark the Scottish French alliance and the war with England. But the Papacy or myself can adjust that on the next mark up.

Papacy plays Janissaries Rebels, placing 4 unnocupies Ottoman spaces in unrest.

Our crusade against the Heathen marches on!

@Tom_Mc you go

Uh. Any good reason I shouldn’t declare war on you next turn, @Juan_Raigada ?

I don’t know, Those lines of communication don’t look like they’re in good shape for a new war. ;)

My impulse is loaded up. 2 conversion attempts one success and we worked on translating the New Testament.

Respect for his infallibility? A deep and abiding love for the Catholic faith?

I should have put this in the earlier post, @Cuthbert to third impulse.

Maybe we can focus on me not screwing you anymore?

(sorry, those are the cards I was dealt, and the event seems far more useful than 2CP with the hand I had this turn)

That’s TWO MERCENARIES.

I’m currently doing my turn-going to remove two unrest markers, assault Belgrade, and, if successful, put a control marker on Agram. I’m assuming that, because of the odds, nobody is going to play a response card to stop me, but if so, I’ll do something else with the last CP. Will be up in a bit with Results.

As far as I understand the rules, the besieged land forces in Belgrade forbid your land forces in the same space to remove unrest in Nezh.

But I might have missed an exception. There are besieged exceptions to many rules, but none for unrest adjacency that I saw (but it’s a long rule book…). I think you need land forces in there to remove.

Ottoman plays Foreign Recruits for 4 CP.
Move 1 Cavalry Belgrade-Nezh
Spend 2 to remove unrest from Nezh and Sofia
Spend one to assault Belgrade
** Ottoman rolls 8 d6 (+0): 3,5,5,1,2,3,4,1

** Ottoman rolls 2 d6: 5,2

One hit. I remove a unit, Hungarian unit destroyed, I take Belgrade

@CF_Kane is up

Ottomans are OUT OF CARDS so you can skip me for the rest of the turn, unless I manage to get a card somehow.

I don’t see @Cuthbert’s file in the google drive. As soon as it is up, I can do my turn.

Ah geez one second let me try again

Okay, uploaded

Hapsburgs play Diplomatic Overture for the points (5CPs) and assault Metz with 5 dice (6/2 units, 2 dice from Charles) vs. 2 dice (1 unit, defender).

** Hapsburgs rolls 5 d6: 5,1,2,3,4

** Hapsburgs rolls 2 d6: 1,6

One hit is enough for the Hapsburgs to take Metz. Charles loses a Mercenary from his stack.

2 CPs go to building a boat in Cagliari. 2 CPs go to found the colony of Cuba.

Over to @CraigM.

I am passing for the moment (my understanding is that I can play at a later round if I so choose)

@Panzeh

@Panzeh is going to be taking a lot of turns in a row with his ridiculous pile of cards.

France plays Fuggers for 3 CP, moving Francis I and his 4 Regulars across the Alps, then onto Milan.

On to @Juan_Raigada

You can, UNLESS everyone else passes, and then the round is over.

Yes, of course, and that was my understanding.

Clearly moot for this round as Panzeh has already played.

Passing is risk-free for the next couple rounds as the Pope still holds both home cards.