Heroes of Might & Magic 5 for cheap?

Seems like a good way to test how fast and how widely information on good deals get passed around purely on the Internet…

Thanks Equisilius and Mike.
European Qt3ers need not apply: 10% discount in UK. Germany: 4%. I’m discriminated against!

But I enjoy the beautiful 2D maps and artwork of part 3 several orders of magnitude more than HOMM 5’s poly graphics. What an elaborate way to disimprove the game’s graphic appeal.

28% at play.com

Wouldn’t that just be a function of the program? Someone mistakenly enters the wrong sale price and the software calculates the savings?

Not very fast it seems. I posted about it nearly a month ago at Frugal Gamer. ;) Though it’d surely be a different story if it was at FatWallet or such. Still, I’m surprised they haven’t corrected it yet.

You won’t need to worry about it, they’ll cancel it for you if they decide not to honor the deal.

This same thing happened with Battle for Middle Earth well before release, except at $14.99. I got in on it the 1st or 2nd time it happened, and they actually honored it. But later orders got canceled.

Well, unless this was a coincidence, preordering this got me on the Target spam list. Anybody else get email from them today???

Yep, sure did.

Me too. What an irritation.

I did too, though I ordered other stuff from them recently and figured that was the cause.

I didn’t get anything from 'em, what did you guys get?

Didn’t notice if I did, but POPFile may have marked it is spam without my noticing.

This is what I got from their email:

I haven’t ordered anything from Target besides Heroes5, so I guess they signed me up for their email listing. You can unsubscribe though, so I’m not too annoyed unless I start seeing emails from other companies spamming my inbox as well.

Well, the price has returned to $49.99 at both Target and Amazon

I just hope that they honor the pre-price … there shouldn’t be any way for them to not

Mike

I checked my outstanding orders at Amazon and it is still showing the $19.99 price.

Why not? Prices are subject to change without notice. As long as they cancel your order rather than charging you the new price (which would be a bait and switch…thus illegal), they can do it.

Oh, and my Amazon order is still there, pending, at $20.

Well, if they used my order to send me spam, and then cancel the price that caused me to order, I’d call this pretty shady business practice.

I’ve not gotten anything, and it still says $19.99 on my recent orders page on Amazon, so here’s to hoping. ;)

I haven’t received any spam, Lloyd. Are you sure the two are connected?

Hey guys, an open beta for this game is starting in two days (19th), in case you’re interested. I’m uncertain of the nature of it, but here’s the official announcement.

By the way, I received the Target email too. At least I’m pretty sure I did. It was a few days ago and I deleted it almost as soon as I saw it.