Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

Um. Okay.

If the game is actually going to be in the art style of the video… I’m kinda in. That certainly differentiates from its main competitors.

I thought that was cute.

Thats one evocative tune in that trailer.

This? This is the best that Blizzard’s millions can do?

To review, this is no cutesy indie project on Kickstarter. This is Blizzard, the company that has whined for years that its preposterously expensive CG videos are worthy of academy awards.

Incredible gaffe for a product “relaunch”, and not indicative of anything remotely capable of taking on world’s current heavyweight champion (League of Legends).

Not sure if this was a joke, but music at end was simply ripped right out of W.O.W. (World of Warcraft). Not re-touched, not re-arranged, just copy-pasted.

Well presumably the idea is that this is a Blizzard Universe equivalent to your Smash Bros. style crossover game. The Starcraft 2 theme also turns up in there. Going all-in-cartoon certainly solves any art-style incongruities they may be worried about.

Had they just thrown out yet another billion dollar CG of dudes punching other dudes, for a MOBA game of all things, I’m sure everyone’s response would ultimately be yawns. They’ve got an incredible uphill battle, but Blizzard’s the one company out there that I’m not shaking my head at for even taking a run at the MOBA genre, and a hard stylistic pivot like this probably turns more heads than they would otherwise.

Well. At least Carbot’s getting work. His Starcrafts series is pretty damn amusing.

It’s just a cute video making fun of the fact they keep changing the name. I really don’t think it’s indicative of the art style of the actual game.

Honestly at first I thought I went to a fake Blizzard site.
I took a very careful look at the link as I couldn’t believe it.

Indeed - and it was, for me at least, extremely evocative of the thousands of hours I spent inside Stormwind when I was younger :-)

I’m in the alpha and there’s no NDA if anyone has questions. Going to bed, will answer tomorrow.

Noticed a bunch of streams running it last night, looks interesting. I like comparisons, so: how does it fare against League? The pacing looked sort of slow and there didn’t seem to be any last-hit mechanics involved.

had a good time playing this at Blizzcon. I’m not in the alpha, rather jealous of those that did get in.

The pacing was quite a bit different imho tryte. It felt a LOT more objective based, and not nearly so much as an individuals skill, but rather the skill of the team on the whole.

I believe it will be a lot harder for a single awesome player to carry a team in HotS vs, how well an expert/fed player can carry in League.

Eww.

I’ve just seen TotalBisquit playing a Space Marine riding a rainbow unicorn. For me this is the polar opposite of what I like.

Totally incongruous settings are the worst. And besides, Dota2 looks way, way better. To me this one looks horrible.

Valves decision to not have any silly skins is one of the reasons I have NO interest in DOTA. My favorite skins in LoL are pretty much the goofy ones.

The games are much, much shorter but the pacing is slower in a way.

Here’s my first game against people. I lagged out reallly, REALLLLLY bad

I can’t remember what I said on mic, so forgive me if I’m a moron

We appear to have the exact opposite tastes!

Based on the videos, It looks better on my eyes. I am emotionally invested in the lore and characters of LOL, but I would not mind playing this one. Looks fun.

Teemo bunny skin for the win!

I’ve just seen TotalBisquit playing a Space Marine riding a rainbow unicorn. For me this is the polar opposite of what I like.

Was this on his Twitch? I’m not seeing anything on his Youtube channel yet.

I’ve been streaming a good bit of this lately. Here’s a video of me playing last night against people - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeYMbZ-FoY