Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Because I don’t want to?

The guy isn’t doing anything wrong. He’s in P&R, or in topics with a heavy P&R slant, and posting within our rules. He’s courteous - frankly more courteous than some of our regulars were to him - and he’s even posted a couple of times that his mind was changed on a point. He thanks people for corrections and he seems sincere to me. That he comes from a political perspective that the majority here doesn’t endorse isn’t really something I’m comfortable banning from participation.

It wasn’t long ago that @Timex and @Strollen were swimming against the current of the Qt3 majority in P&R, and they still sometimes disagree with the popular opinion. Technically @ArmandoPenblade has violated more posting rules in P&R than anyone but we let it go because we know he’s not seriously advocating totalitarian rule or rounding up Republicans and shipping them off to an island. (Okay, maybe he is serious about the latter.) I’m not going to start banning those members because I disagree with their politics.