Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

It is because title is already so heavily weighted in the default search.

Fair enough.

For the love of baby Jesus, could you give ā€œall Categoriesā€ a capital ā€œAā€.

Thanks, now I canā€™t unsee it.

both of mine are lower caseā€¦ then again that was 3 hours ago?

If I have a thread muted but than read it one time does that automatically switch it back to tracking? I am trying to mute certain threads that I do not want to appear in my Unread screen but do want to read them every so often.

No, a manual setting of notification level on a topic is always an override, it can never be automatically set at that point.

Something seems amiss as Iā€™ve had a few threads show up as tracking that I didnt set or reply in.

Did you read them for more than 4 minutes? That is the default to auto track unless you changed it in your prefs. Also if you created the topic the rules are different, but I assume these are not ones you created?

Maybe open in a tab or something, but that probably explains it. I didnā€™t realize it did that or even think to check options for that behavior, Iā€™ve set it to ā€œneverā€ now.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s Chrome in Androids fault or Discourseā€™s fault, but the back button is pretty whacky when Iā€™m viewing an image.

E.g. go to the frame Game thread. Press an image. Press it again to make it zoomable. Zoom around etc. When youā€™re done press back to go back to the threadā€¦ except you end up in latest/new/categories it whereever you came from.

Another crazy thing that might be chrome or Discourse, and something Iā€™ve not seen elsewhere (though I donā€™t use lots of text on other sites) is erratic delete behaviour. Usually when I type something, then immediately go back to add.more text to the middle of the string, then go to the end to delete somethingā€¦ it starts erratically deleting the bits I added in the middle and not at the end.

Why would you press back to go back from images? Thatā€™s not a thing. Just click on the Ɨ to close the image, or click or tap anywhere outside the image.

Or click anywhere outside the perimeter of the image.

Because the image takes up my entire screen. I want to go back from that. The same as every other app etc.

Just like if I follow a link to some part of the same page, back takes you back to what you were looking at before.

Also, thereā€™s only a small border of bon image to click to get out of it. At least in my phone.

Yeah this might be a special case around double-zooming an image, e.g. that is showing the normal image view, then tapping through to see it raw.

Ok Iā€™ve just gone and tried it and I feel youā€™re both insane to think I should be clicking outside of the image.

Go to the frame Game thread. Go to the very last image currently posted. Press on it once. It gives you info and a download button etc. Press the image again to zoom in. Now pan around. This imagine is huge, compared to the size of my phone. In order to find nonclickable space I have to scroll all the way to the top or bottom of the image and click the 10px of non-image. (Which is a barely distinguishable on this image given that the border zone is dark and the image is dark)

Hmm, on iOS I can scroll the image around even after clicking through. So clicking / tapping outside the image is not a problem. There is a difference here, as we do not host images over 1mb in size on the site directly. So is the image local or remote? Iā€™d really need you to link to a specific post, please.

edit: I canā€™t even tap through to zoom on remote images at all, e.g. imgur images I only get ā€œsave imageā€ when I tap repeatedly or tap and hold.

I just edited in a link to the post. Here:

(chrome/Discourse just deleted the last word of that link again. I pasted it. Moved the caret back to the top line to type the word here, and as I did so it nuked the last bit of the url. Mobile phones suck.)

Ok this is what I get on iOS ā€“ I can easily scroll to the rest of the topic and tap ā€œoutsideā€ as needed.

The only Android I have for testing is Ye Olde Nexus 7 (2013), which is probably too big screen wise to exhibit any issue.

I moved my android perf rant to here.