Hey Seattle folks, want to pay a visit to Valve?

I kind of back-burnered this because I was nervous about seeming pushy. I guess it’s up to Chet if there is a date and time that will be best, we do have a list of interested people in this thread at least.

I still think it would be useful to have an actual list of interested people and potential dates/times up front, instead of pushing that work onto Chet.

I certainly don’t intend to push work on to anyone, that’s why I started a separate thread to begin with. But Reid’s original post pointed out to me that there’s probably a delicate line between organizing a get-together and being a bad guest. Still, I agree that we could at least do the legwork and I don’t mind starting that. I’ll get a list of interested folks going and update later - see if more folks might be interested since this got a bump. In the meantime, what dates and times work? I’m guessing during business hours? You’re free to throw up suggestions as far as I’m concerned but Chet gets veto power, naturally.

Oh sorry, right now I would just say next week thur/friday would be good otherwise post E3. Let me know. You suggesting a date is helpful and you aren’t being pushy.

thanks

Well all right, now we’ve got a party! I count eleven, possibly twelve:

Pogue Mahone
Telefrog
Tim Elhajj + son
Dr. Quasius
kallidain
Lunarstorm
Alan Au
Malderi
Misguided +1 (2?)

Is this correct? Any additions, dropouts, last minute changes? And then as for dates, what’s the going opinion? Next Thursday or Friday is kind of short notice but I could very likely pull Friday - except that my wife is currently due to go into labor on the 27th but there’s always the off chance that things could kick off early and I might miss out, but oh well. What do you guys think?

The short notice is fine with me, but may be an issue for others. Obviously Qt3ers take precedence over my two kids, but if there is room, I’d love to bring them as I said before.

Oh, wow. If we’re doing this next week then I’ll have to drop out. That’s just not enough notice for me. Sorry guys.

If the short notice is an issue, just pick a date in June after E3.

I’m 99% a lurker, but I’d love to tour Valve if the timing works out. Tuesdays and Wednesdays work best for me, but if a June date is decided, that’s enough time to make it work with my schedule.

I should be able to make next week, but I’ll have to see if the boy can miss some school time. A June date might work better for me, too. If not, I might just come myself.

I’d love to go to this, but we’re wrapping up a project at work at the moment so post-E3 would work out better for me.

A June date would work better for me as well.

Let’s just hold off on this then and wait until after E3 to find a date that gives everyone a little time to prepare. Counting one extra child plus MaybeNever and Douglas that would get us to fifteen which I believe is Chet’s suggested limit. Looks like E3 runs from June 5-7 this year so I’ll bump this thread possibly mid-June and we can look at a late June get together at Valve. Any objections?

Sounds good to me.

As long as we don’t get into mid-July, it’s all good to me. June or early July would be great.

Sounds good!

The after-E3 June timeframe sounds good to me.

Yep, add me to the “would love it do it if it’s after E3” list please. :)

I’m in for the late June/early July as well.

Dig it! I’ll bring the firecrackers. (j/k)