Hey what’s up? Cash me up (is that meme still current?)

I apologize for not posting around here much for the last year or so. Is everyone off playing their l Intellivision Amico?

TLDR I was brain dead for 15 minutes or so (some say this was not the first time) last spring and haven’t gamed in about 2 years.

Is Jeff still alive?

Damn man, what happened?

Are you doing okay?

I have wondered how you were doing, as the Intellivision thread hasn’t been nearly as lively without you there. Missed you, man.

Welcome back, rei!

Absolutely Jeff is still kicking, with new lungs to boot!

Welcome back!

WHAT?! Are you okay (relatively speaking)?

I too would subscribe to that newsletter. (The newsletter of the story of what happened)

Sadly, I think the Amico is as real as it was 2 years ago.

I also think that “Cash me outside” wasn’t current 2 years ago either :)

Hey, @rei, you don’t get to drop a post like that and then bug out. How are you doing? Don’t make me hunt you down.

Glad to read that you are okay. Jeff is still kicking ass, and recovering from his lung transplant: https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/getting-new-lungs-tomorrow/

Sorry I keep wanting to call write an epic catchup post but it’s both deeply depressing and pathetic how much my elderly parents have PoA over me. Have entangled my finances while ramping up the psychological abuse have affected my ability to move and start/stop rehabilitation and recovery under the guise of helping me out or parental love. Yet at the ripe old age of x I can’t leave their house unsupervised or meet with any friends for the last year. Instead, I am locked inside my childhood bedroom away from the other hallways even if 1 of them step away. They’ve even set up sentry overnight in the guest bedroom.

It’s utterly fantastical, disturbing and left me profoundly depressed at being unable to murder them.

That sounds completely bonkers; I’m so sorry. Stay strong!

My god, man. I can’t even -
Anytime you want to talk about it here, please feel free.
And if you don’t want to talk about it, that’s fine too.
Hell, I don’t even have any advice. Sorry.

This is all while trying to recover from DKA, heart and kidney failure.

Navigating paperwork, phone calls and legal letter drafts are some things people here could help you with.

I’m really heartened (no pun intended) to hear Jeff is doing well though

And now, for this week’s unbelievable spectacle!

My mom and dad are utterl insane because they are still trying today to yell at me to “confess” what junk food I no “snuck” and ate or brought home the 2 days a week I leave their prison peppered in with anecdotes about how they’re trying to me alive and I’m just going to die die die at this rate, all my own fault and doing.

When I get home from daytime dropin rehab twice a week they empty and search all pockets. They compare the 2x blood sugar needed by me that same night and insist I’m doing gastrointestinal sniffing of sugar or some shit. Fucking. Insane.

Sorry man, hope you find a way to gain more freedom.