High Frontier 3rd Edition PBF/Vassal - Remember the Cant!

Ok,

First, I didn’t adjust my dry mass before moving the rocket the previous two turns, so I redid all the fuel burns with the lower mass I originally calculated for. It’s good I’m catching all these mistakes I’m doing!!!

Now, I outpost my crew at the science site in Europa, move the rocket (with new adjusted dry mass) back to the factory and do my ops.

My promoted Bernal allows me to free market a black card for 10WT.

Then I pay 1WT to look for ET life in Europa, but miss the roll.

Finally I get 1WT for Space Tourism.

Over to @Grunden

If you free market to your own bernal you lose the card as you’re selling the patent itself not simply a instance of the tech. To keep the card you have to sell to another bernal (with their permission) or at LEO. Looks like you didn’t actually sell anything though, just announcing that you could.

Time to take a trip home after all this Xmas shopping. UN ET produces Robonaut and Generator at Hygia, then hops the Jupiter slingshot all the way back to LEO.

We wave to the ESA bernal workers as we pass.

Sunspot disk advances to the BLUE ZONE. Will NASA retain the premiership? Enquiring minds want to know!

Over to @JoshL

I sold a card to the patent deck!

Ok, you had a lot of fuel strip adjustments in there so I must’ve missed it.

Can’t sell a V card at a Bernal with a V dirtside. I gather it’s to prevent ET producing cards directly to your Bernal for sale.

argh, can you sell to a Bernal with no dirt side?

Only if it’s in its home orbit.

Ok, so I need to change my turn. I ET produced the refinery instead, and the generator is still in the Bernal. And I have 10 less WT…

Can somebody ammend that? I won’t be able to do until tomorrow. The only difficult step is to put the generator back in there.

I think you meant reactor instead of generator? At least that’s what you sold before.

Yes sorry. Not in front of the conputer

@Grunden, I’m not sure what you did with your move there. You have both water and isotope fuel on your rocket and you burned water with your GW thruster. You can only have one type of fuel (though you can convert the other type to FFTs.) And your S-type GW thruster must burn S-type isotope fuel.

Yeah the isotope fuel was FFTs. I used my water thruster for the move. I didn’t note the FFT conversion. I didn’t have the rules in front of me but I thought the multiple fuel as cargo was denoted by having the lower number on the fuel track to represent its mass. The water track was shifted right by one. Though now you mentioned it I did fail to note the afterburn I needed to take off with the water thruster (That’s how I landed to begin with). I’ll post a correction.

Imma let you guys fix up your turns before I go.

Ok, my playmat is now correct as well as Juan’s stated amendments.

I also realized when looking at the rules for GW thrusters that it’s illegal to have two produced at once, so I decomissioned the Vista. I’ll accept the lost operation as my penalty (I never used it, and the Zubrin still counts for the isotope factory refuel op from last turn).

Well I also did not know that rule.

I think it’s mostly to avoid confusion if you had multiple fuel types but only one yellow rocket counter. Nevertheless even though they were both type S still a broken rule. I was just planning on selling it to be honest.

Ok then! I factory refuel and take off into the black:

My rocket is a ramshackle concatenation of earth and space produced parts; two robonauts (both with built-in thrusters), but no dedicated thruster, a seed-sail, and insufficient cooling without afterburn. It has a crazy mass of 8, and a (current) thrust of 2. So, situation normal.

@Matt_W up.

Did you add them to the mass of your rocket?

Yes I did.