Hitman Demo

These games always struck me as puzzle games disguised as action/stealth games.

The post mission Newspaper is nice mechanic. I went back and played the demo a second time to get a more professional review. Its a much better hook than the rating system in Silent Assasin & Contracts.

Thank you for allowing me to use my all-time favorite Simpsons quote.

“There ees one more way to kill a man . . . but, it is as intricate and precise as a well played game of chess.”

(Then he bursts into the room unloading a full auto machinegun)

It’s up on Live now as well, for those that would rather check it out on their 360

Are they ever gonna fix this “says 8%, but it’s really 56%” download bug?

There’s a dashboard update due soon that is going to add background downloading, as well as boot to dashboard. Dunno if it fixes the status bar though.

I’ve played through the demo a few more times. Disturbingly absent - a load / save ability. wtf? This is critical in a Hitman game, as it is largely a puzzle game. Figuring out the best way to eliminate the target(s) is often a process of trial and error.

Console-itus at its finest?

This game just dropped below the radar.

Also - how few kills can you get in the demo? Seems like a lot. There are a couple of rooms that you have to clear, the guy in the elevator, etc. And without the ability to load/save to try to find ways to bypass enemies without killing them, well, that just sucks.

Balasarius- Haven’t the Hitman games been on consoles as well as PCs since the start?

2 and 3 were. Not sure about the first.

However - they had a save game feature. The BM demo does not.

The lack of Save isn’t a console spawned issue. Tons of PC demos don’t include the save function.

The first game was PC only. There was no save feature, all the missions were ironman efforts.

FWIW, you can save during the 360 demo. Seems to be disabled in the PC demo for some reason.

If the 360 and PC versions have the same save system as the PS2 one (and previous ones did), then the save system took an incredible step backwards. As in you can save, but if you quit the game, the save gets deleted.

Nope you can save in the complete game… it depends on difficulty level…

with easy you can save unlimited times
with normal you can save 7 times
with hard level you can save 3 times
and on highest you play iron man…

Thoughts on the demo. I’m not here to defend (though I do like the Hitman games), rather things I noticed.

One, you can save during the demo. 360 version at least. Not sure of PC. Saves to memory, so no hard drive saves (I wonder if that’s a all demos requirement).

Two, this demo is a training demo, as it says in the beginning. It’s specifically meant to show you all the things you can do. Sneak around, use distractions, change clothes, use the syringe, go full auto, use human shields, explosives, the sniper rifle, etc.

The mechanics haven’t changed at all. Bodies still flying 20 feet when you shoot them, which I kind of like. I love it when you’re dragging a body around and someone walks in on you, yells, and runs out.

Ahhh, feels good to have the ol’ fibrewire in the hands again.

This is ‘ok’ but lame as hell for 60$. 47 looks great, everything else looks like hitman 1 on a geforce 3 to me.

Sigh.

I’ll buy it.

Hahahah. Pretty good analysis. I think the thing is though, that ALL the games are $60 now, so people will only buy the really, really good ones. $60 is just slightly too much money to burn on something you may not like.

Did you ever get a used PDZ? I’m thinking of maybe a big QT3 game on Friday or Sat night.

Nah not yet.

I might have by tommorrow evening though.

I’m getting out of work early due to the 3 day weekend, and doing a giant multi-system (old DS, xbox1), 30+ game trade run (finally) on friday, grabbing either grand theft ping pong ball or perfect dark (or both) and ordering my DS lite and some other shit.

By the way, was anyone else weirded out a little when it came time to kill the guy at the end? Ok, maybe he was a sleazebag, but he was begging for his life, he was saying things like “I feel guilty every day for what happened, I have to live with it”. A blubbering fat guy whose property got taken over by thugs and gangstas. I’m not saying he was the nicest guy in the world, but it’s the first time in a Hitman game that you weren’t killing an outright criminal, that I rememember.

That said, I beat him over the head with his own autographed baseball bat.

Clunk!

I liked that better actually, 47 is a hitman, you should feel dirty, it’s an evil act. The rest of the games really had you as kind of a goodie two shoes assassin.

I liked the client’s phone call scene at the start as well. It seemed like a more interesting setup than some of the past games’ missions, even if it was cliched as hell.