Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

Is it me or does Hitman have an exceptionally good UI? For as much as I could be doing, I rarely struggle with doing it correctly because of the controls or interface. I struggle exclusively because I am not good.

For what it’s worth (following up on my earlier comments), I settled on the mini map with no NPCs are targets showing. That way I still know when I’m trespassing or in cover. And objectives are set to minimal.

The Miami level in H2 is insane with options. That’s the one I just completed and WOW. Maybe not my favorite, but maybe the best showcase level for the game (no offense to Sapienza).

Umm ok.

Was tempted to use the epic newsletter $10 off coupon on Man Hitter 3 now on sale for halloween at $30-10=$20 although what’s the take on these seven deadly sins add-ons? They look like remixes of existing locales or do they include new places to hit the men/women?

Same maps. I’m not even sure if they’re all remixed or if some are just escalation contracts with the same layouts.

Needless to say, I haven’t purchased 7DS as of yet. I likely will, but I took a break after I got the PS5 and haven’t gone back to base H3 yet (but I will; likely I’ll go back through the whole game to see it in 4K).

Yeah, nothing about the 7DS stuff looks particularly compelling to me. Some custom weapons, a new escalation or contract mission themed around each sin. There are apparently some new mechanics in some of these, but nothing that (to me) justifies $30.

I never could get into any of the Hitman games until this trilogy. And now I’m freaking obsessed with it. The amount of detail that they put into levels blows my mind. What I’ve been doing is just completing each map in order. I’m up to Hitman 3 Murder in the Family.

I just find myself walking around the house going how the hell did they do all of this? I didn’t have time to finish it last night, but it generally only takes about 2 hours to pass each map. I much look forward to going back to the maps I like and trying all the different ways to do things. Except for that one militia map. F that map.

I’m enthralled also. I tried hitman 2 for an hour or so but just did not have the patience. Now I’m totally into them all and just take my time and not get so hurried. And I just love the games.

Ya what I’m doing is the story for whatever contract it is. I treat those like intros to each map. Which I kind of think was their intent. Without those guided stories I don’t think I would have liked the game as much. It just makes it super accessible for me. I’m generally pretty bad at stealth games.

Like last night where I literally waited 10 minutes in one spot for a dude to drink my poison. I waited until he went to the bathroom to finish the job and forgot to close the door behind me which didn’t end well. :)

Interesting. I turned off the stories because they were too revealing. But I get your point.

The depth of the maps is true not just in content, but for how the content allows each of us to play the game our own way. And I’ll again add that the interface is remarkably well done, considering its needed complexity.

I assume you mean Colorado. And yeah, I hate that map. Worst of the bunch, imo.

I need to get back into this game…

Ya I could see how someone would want to turn it off, but for me it helps explain the map. I need guidance as I just wander off into nothing otherwise.

I need to get back to the trilogy, I stopped somewhere in Hitman 2. Last time I played it kept losing connection to the servers or something which prevented me from saving. Completely soured the experience and I haven’t been back.

The latest generation of Hitman games really click once you embrace the need for patience. These games are so much richer when you just sit back, take your time, and let yourself soak in these intricate little microcosms for a while before trying to make anything happen.

You might be pleased to discover there’s very little “nothing” on these maps. They’re built to be explored, even if you’re guided by mere cursiosity.

-Tom

Ya I’m super not creative on figuring out stuff. I’m the reason that was probably added. I plan on cranking the difficultly up to 11 when I go back to the maps. So I’ll likely turn that off too.

I love reading everyone geeking out about these games. I’m real stoked to play III once it’s on Steam.

My secret shame: despite loving the Hitman games, I still have pending to return to Hitman 2 and play the two expansion maps. One day.

Me too. I have over 200 hours on both HITMAN (2016) and HITMAN 2 (2018) on steam.

Looking forward to it. Before these games came out I would just play Blood Money levels over and over because there wasn’t anything else like it.

While it wasn’t super easy, it wasn’t soul crushing to get all 3 games into Epic. I have no store loyalty. Having all 3 games in one spot is so much awesome. I think I have 5 maps left before I then circle back and deep dive into my favorite maps. I quite like doing it this way as I doubt I would have gotten through all the maps otherwise.

Death in the Family is my favorite setting. I will be trying to do all the challenges on that one for sure. I’m kind of iffy on Hitman 3 DLC as it doesn’t add any new maps which is a shame. I think I’ll just wait for it to be on sale for like 15 bucks. Not having everything does eat at me. ;)

I recommend picking a map and trying to do some of the escalations. You’ll be surprised how well those teach you little corners of each map. And by the time you complete all the levels of an escalation, you’ll have honed yourself into a maximum efficiency killing machine, with a perfectly tuned route and execution.

Oh, I like that tip. I’ll have to try it.

IO says Hitman 3 is the most successful game in the trilogy and will be rolling out a bunch of big updates next year including ray tracing, VR for PC, and a new elusive target mode. They also promise new maps and storylines which I’m really interested to hear about. Hopefully it’s not just re-mixed existing ones.