Ho ho ho (that's interesting)! Secret Santa 2022 for the sixteenth straight year

Dear @Houngan : Be advised your Santa has shipped your gifts, addressed to Houngan co Qt3 to hopefully make it clear they are gifts. Also please watch out for a Steam friend invitation because one can never have too many Steam friends on Christmas.

Edited to add: One of the gifts experienced a delay in shipping due to the gift being intricately handmade by the shipper, and may arrive after Xmas as a result.

Nothing so far. Heads up to Santa I’m traveling from the 23rd so if it gets here then I’ll open on the 27th

Dear @Kadath : Your Santa writes that your package has shipped to be delivered Monday by end of day.

Just wanted to follow up on this: haven’t seen anything arrive yet. Very okay if it’s en route slowly, but if Santa shows it delivered, we may have a porch piracy issue :-(

Yay! I was just about to start looking for the little sad mailbox gif.

Santa suggests that the package had, umm, special handling in transit and is likely still en route. Hang tight!

No worries! Just wanted to be sure all was okay :)

So awesome to receive a package addressed to Doommunky!

(Both have arrived)

Whew thanks. We just had a death in the family so my trip to NJ will be accelerated a few days but Monday/Tuesday will let me get and open with the big wave. Thanks Santa and Fire!

Special handling is ongoing; the delay is expected though unfortunate.

When is opening week again?

Totally understood! I’ll unfortunately be leaving town early on this Wednesday through midday next Tuesday to visit family for the holiday. I have friends who can collect the package safely if it arrives while I’m out, and genuinely, no worries. I feel that holiday shipping scramble!

As far as I’m concerned, opening week is now! I’m gonna open and post about it tomorrow, ‘cause after that I’m on the road heading to my parents’ place.

Oh uh … I realized after the fact (after seeing the packaging) that the secret santa package that just got delivered might have been from the secret santa himself vs a random delivery driver!

Sorry if we didn’t get a chance to do a proper meet and greet and if the answer was a bit curt! Been dealing with randos ringing our doorbells when our neighbors aren’t in so was in a bit of a discerning mood :)

Thank you, Santa! I played Trickerion once and loved it, so I’ve been wanting get my own copy ever since. I’m very stoked to get this to the table with my wife.

A package has arrived! It had some Custom-related issues (which appears to be a recurring theme when shipping to- or from the Netherlands) but I’ll try to sort that out. For now, my cat and several wrapped gifts are competing for space beneath the Christmas tree!

I’ve never heard of this but omg it looks goorrrgggeeeeooouusssss!!!

A package has arrived!

I also have a package, and it is suspiciously cubical.

Behold, the opening has occurred!

First, a very interesting-looking book by David Foster Wallace about infinity. DoomMunky did some fine stalking in the book thread and realized I’d read a few books along similar themes. This will be perfect reading material during my upcoming extended stay at my parents’ in Florida!

You might be forgiven for not immediately identifying that the beige rectangle at the bottom is a useful kitchen item - a pizza stone! Which I have been desiring for some time, but never quite got around to buying, and so it ended up on my wish list. This one won’t make the trip to Florida with me, but I’ll certainly make use of it when I get back!

Thanks @DoomMunky ! Something entertaining and something useful, exactly what one hopes for in a Santa delivery!