Hockey!

I’d like to see the Avs in the final against Montreal, with Montreal having to fight off Washington in the conference final to get there, if it’s at all possible. Not only would you have, essentially, a Habs-Nordiques matchup, but in order to capture the Cup, the Habs would have to get through Huet and Theodore. It would be an excellent referendum on Carey Price.

That’s an awfully Machiavellian strategy that would prove nothing, since hockey is a team game and Price has a vastly superior team in front of him than Huet and arguably Theodore. Not to mention that Price is 20.

Personally, I would love to see that matchup because the Avs are the only team I kinda like in the West, and the Canadiens are Canadian.

All right, so it may not prove anything. But it would make it much more interesting, and seem less of a slog.

It’s nice to see Kovalev playing well again.

What seems like a slog? These playoffs have been pretty good, aside from Ottawa getting trounced. Nashville tied up their series and Boston has a chance to do the same tonight. The only unfortunate thing is that Calgary and Minnesota did as well. Those boring ass teams need to GTFO, IMO.

Wow, this Flyers game has been fantastic so far. I’m concerned but confident. Those Huet saves were just unbelievable.

After game 2 I thought the Preds were done. Sadly, I wasn’t able to actually SEE them rally back over the last two games because of a freakin blackout! Seriously? In the playoffs? That’s terrible.

Habs just got creamed tonight by the Bruins. 5 - 1 win for Boston.

I wonder if there’ll be rioting. Going to be fun watching the French media in the morning.

Oh well, at least this makes for a more exciting quarter-final.

I spent all afternoon trying to get a live feed for the Montreal game that would work on my linux box at work, no go. Just as well … 5-1… ouch. I’m really hoping the final will come down to Montreal - San Jose, my childhood team vs my current hood team.

Bleu blanc rouge! Go habs go!

OK, Flyers. If you get a bullshit penalty in your favor in the last 3 minutes of the game, you have to score on that and put them away. I don’t like the thought of Ovechkin playing on his game in OT.

Ok, the Stars played great tonight, a rare thing these days in a home playoff game. Starting to gain hope they will have a good playoff run this year.

Oooh yeah they had a great game. Will actually be able to watch game 5 tomorrow night with some hockey fans. Should be a great series win.

— Alan

Wow, have you even watched the Flames play in, say, the last two years? Hell, I wish they were the “boring” team they used to be back when the played an air-tight defensive system to great effect. The past few seasons have been incredibly frustrating to watch for Calgary fans, as they’ve sacrificed their defensive strength for a more “exciting” run & gun style, often with disastrous results.

You also realize that the Flames scored more goals than the Sharks during the regular season, right?

And aren’t you a Vancouver fan? Speaking of boring hockey…

I don’t mean that anything seems like a slog now, just that as the weeks go by and overtime starts to occur every other game, it can get a little tiring. Too many teams to keep track of before the winnowing occurs.

I don’t see anything about riots yet. I would like to feel that fans of the Canadiens have more class than that. When I have met them in Boston they are very humble winners.

NESN offers a web based broadcast for the Red Sox, so I’d assume there is one for the Bruins. The fall back is the $15 or so you have to pay for it.

Did any Canadiens fans feel that they celebrated a little preemptively? I did not expect the Bruins to do as well as they have so far in this series, but the Boston media coverage of fans acting like they already won prior to the game was shocking to me. It’s almost reminiscent of Patriots fans around this last super bowl.(Patriots fans~ I am allowed to mention they lost now, right? I hope you’re not still in denial.)

I can’t believe Eli escaped the blitz with the ball in his hands…

I think we’ve moved beyond denial and are at least into the anger stage. We may even have skipped over bargaining and gone straight into depression.

As for the Bruins, they looked like a completely different team last night! Everyone was playing well, defensively, and doing a marvelous job clearing the rebounds from the slot before Thomas had to worry about them.

I still can’t believe Sobotka’s shot went in.

Yeah, no rioting. I was only poking a little fun at my city. =)

I think a French sportscaster was saying last night in the post-game analysis that things fell apart for the Habs in the second period. Poor Price, and just after that great performance in Game 4 too! Guy Carbonneau was saying in a French news conference that the team had gotten too confident, especially since last night’s game was being played in Montreal.

I think the Canadiens crowd definitely started celebrating too soon. The sportscaster this morning was saying “Saturday’s game will be a game that shouldn’t even have been possible, and those tend to be the most significant” (my bad attempt at what was said in French, sorry). I guess everyone around here just expected the Habs to steamroll the Bruins.

The Bruins scored 5 goals last night; they had scored 5 goals total in the previous 4 games. Think about that. The Habs sure are!

And here I was thinking it was curtains for the Bs as soon as Kovalev started dancing in on Thomas.

It’s an eerie thing, hearing a silent Centre Bell. That place really rocks, most of the time.

Last night was some kind of weird Canadian April Fools. The players switched jerseys as a goof.

Things will be back to normal on Saturday.

• Pessimistic Boston Guy

Hopefully, that first goal was just what Kessel needed to get his head into the game. I look forward to a good effort from him on Saturday.

The B’s played really well and I was impressed. At the end of game 4 you could tell they were tired and frustrated. Thankfully they kept it together this game.

I feel Metropolit’s shot was an impressive accident. I don’t think Price expected him to come around the net. I was surprised to see the Habs call for a review of the play. It seemed legit from the TV’s angle.

If I weren’t leaving for the weekend(I obviously was not expecting game 6!) I would try to get into the City to watch the game. Canadiens fans are by far my favorite that come to town out of any visiting sports fans. My favorite line I heard from one fan after a little heckling was, “You Americans have Baseball, Football and Basketball. Let us have our sport.” My buddy bought him a beer for that.