Holy priest is fed up -- fed up! -- with Rift

Title Holy priest is fed up -- fed up! -- with Rift
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games
When March 18, 2011

Someone named Reala (not his/her real name?) runs a blog focused on Holy priest healing in World of Warcraft. His latest entry includes a badge (pictured) you can stick on your blog to show solidarity with his cause..

Read the full article

Rift rocks! Considering its only been out not even 2 weeks, it shows great potential. Don't let WoW be a bully!

Ahhh I love the headline Tom! "Apocalyptic devastation" is a gem too. I really ought to paste my entire background with a 'may contain traces of sarcasm' thing. That aside I'm super mad. Not really.

This is what's going on in the WoW blogosphere at the moment. It's fascinating and exciting and also a bit terrifying when the people you spend two nights a week laughing and joking with are suddenly gone and the world (of Warcraft) feels big again. I'm interested in hearing about other people's experiences with this, and the varying degrees of reaction to it. I've found 4 so far:
- idc, whee!
- ZOMG GENUINE RAGE WITH PROJECTILE SPITTLE
- Somewhere in the middle
- Woo a badge!

On another note, that is a terrifying Torchic further down the page, and did an NPC really say that about type matchups?! In a previous generation they forced you into a school in the first town to talk to kids with glasses about types and how their lv5 Gastly could totally pwn a lv70 Alakazam because *types are all important*.

~Reala

Hi Reala! Hope you didn't mind the creative license I took. I think it's pretty clear you're just funning.

That said, I can imagine that many WoW players are always on the lookout for the Next Big Thing. You guys have a lot of content to play with, but I can hardly blame you for keeping your ears pressed to the ground. And Rift really is a revolution. As I've written before, it breaks a lot of MMOs for me personally. Commercially, I can't imagine Rift is a threat to WoW. But creatively, I'm afraid Blizzard has been put on notice!

BTW, you should join us. I'm Elfchick on the Sunrest server when you're ready to roll up a character. :)

Of course, it wasn't as big as the creative licence I take to start Calling people to Arms =D We're just so creative that's the thing.

The feeling I get is it's actually the veteran players who've been on the lookout and left for Rift. I think they became weary of WotLK's easy progression and mindless day-to-day game play and then disillusioned when Cataclysm wasn't the ultimate-super-Burning Crusade-esque expansion they had hoped for, and then a shiny thing came along. It's not my personal experience but that's what seems to be going on.

I'm all about endgame, raiding's my thing, so while I'm keen to hear how it goes for Rift in this respect - I want to go look for it when I'm ready, instead of knowing all about it when I really don't want to, like Justin Bieber.

~Reala

Of course, it wasn't as big as the creative licence I take to start Calling people to Arms =D We're just so creative that's the thing.

The feeling I get is it's actually the veteran players who've been on the lookout and left for Rift. I think they became weary of WotLK's easy progression and mindless day-to-day game play and then disillusioned when Cataclysm wasn't the ultimate-super-Burning Crusade-esque expansion they had hoped for, and then a shiny thing came along. It's not my personal experience but that's what seems to be going on.

I'm all about endgame, raiding's my thing, so while I'm keen to hear how it goes for Rift in this respect - I want to go look for it when I'm ready, instead of knowing all about it when I really don't want to, like Justin Bieber.

~Reala

The most amazing thing to me about Rift is that it's a fully formed MMORPG from a relatively unknown developer that managed to be released in a stable, playable state. Sure, it's got some innovative elements to it, but the fact it even got the basics right is accomplishment enough!

Ha ha, Reala knows about Justin Bieber! (What's your favorite JB song?)

I am thrilled and delighted to tell you that I don't actually know any of the titles of Justin Bieber songs, I just know that if blood starts dripping from my ears then there are two or three 'artists' *snigger, snort* it could be, JB is one of them.

~Reala

PS. I can play Metallica's 'One' like a demon on Guitar Hero though.

PPS. On medium.

RIFT suks. I've been playing it 3 weeks and I'm bored to death. I actually get sick to my stomach when I try to log in now it's such a toddlers toy of a game. It's nothing new. How can you sit there and say how great it is when it STOLE so much from every other MMO out there. The only thing NEW in the game is the silly RIFTS and you can sit there and face roll them and get plenty of experience and loot without having to really do anything. I've gotten so many purples from them it's funny. They just GIVE stuff away in RIFT you don't have to use ANY SKILL to earn anything in this romper room game. Don't listen to those fanbois they don't know what they are talking about.

Are you mad? You sound mad.