Homeland

Saul’s the terrorist? :)

I am really digging this show for the moment but it just seems that they have no way of satisfactorily concluding this season.

It took me long enough to remember this from basically something that I saw in the initial solicitation for the show, plus the fact that I finally looked into the off-label uses of Clozipan, and Danes is bipolar. So, okay, I get that, but that does raise a question. Is there so much of a stigma associated with bipolar disorder that both she and her father would be taking a drug off-label to address the issue?

She addressed this in one of the episodes, that she feels she can’t admit her disorder or there would be no way she’d be allowed to remain in her position in the CIA.

Yeah, but why would that carry over to her father? I would think that he, at least, could be on more conventional medications. Which she could then steal, so that she’s not taking an antipsychotic for off-label indications.

Really dug last night’s episode. Still not sure who is doing what and I like it that way.

They sure area implying that maybe Saul slipped the prisoner the razor. Of course, we also established that Brody is able to say anything at all and not set off the polygraph. Which is why it’s kind of dumb to use the polygraph as a tool, there are too many cases where it gives false positives and false negatives. If you’re nervous it looks like you’re lying, whether you are or not, and if you have sufficient training, you can suppress that.

It’s also kind of interesting that the terrorists are willing to kill their planted couple the moment they’re blown. It’s not like they screwed up, or betrayed anyone. Presumably it’s about keeping them quiet.

They acted like it was written in stone that everyone was clear and no one ever “beat” a polygraph. Saul all but slapped his hands together and said “That’s that!”.

So she just happened to bone him and then use it during the test, it wasn’t premeditated, correct?

It’s fairly clear that the adultery question was impulsive, something she shoved in at the last moment because she couldn’t believe Brody was passing the test. She expected him to fail and get caught. Ergo the sex in the car was not part of a plan. To be honest, given that she thinks he’s brainwashed, it’s not clear to me why she did that, given that it wasn’t part of a nefarious plan.

I did realize she was certain he would fail. So I figured that is how it went down. She was drawn to the excitement. She said as much in one of her lines in there. She just gave in and the drinkies help that sorta thing I am told.

Claire Danes does enough good to offset some of the annoying. The whining seemed a bit less. The huffing and sighing while watching a replay of the scuffle with the terrorist was irritating.

All-in-all, I am really enjoying it.

That scene didn’t quite work for me, it was a perfect opportunity for him to clear himself and he had nothing to lose by telling the truth. It seemed very manufactured. The good news is the ending means it’s likely to be explained shortly.

Awesome.

Must digest.

Yeah, if nothing else, this was quite a beefy episode in terms of moving things along.

I was not expecting it to play out with the confrontation the way it did and was very pleased. Damien’ admission when he discussed his love for the bid bad meanie was terrific. Claire Danes really came across as someone who just became totally alone in the world (again). Figuratively and literally.

Great episode. Claire must have a no nudity clause of some sort. I certainly do not need her to bounce around topless, I just find that there are times when it would have been more natural for her bra to be removed and it just is not.

Totally agree. What women doesn’t want to get rid of that tortuous under wire garment. It almost ruined the episode for me! Just kidding…I love this show.

And really, they do not even have to show anything, just Damien puling the straps down would have been acceptable. It is not that big a deal, but I wanted to harp on something and that stood out with all the making of the love in this episode.

Definitely didn’t see the reveal in this episode coming. I was a but put off that Claire was telling him all that stuff when she still suspected him and had the gun, but it was still very interesting all the way around. Damien Lewis of course continues to be awesome.

I wrote the episode off as filler and then 5 minutes later they start dropping bombs.

Man, 5 more episodes in the series. I keep wondering how they’ll sustain this level of awesome and they just keep topping it.

I think it’s interesting that they decided to resolve the “is he or isn’t he?” question so early. I was sure that was going to be the climax of this season, and I was puzzled where they’d go for the already-ordered 2nd season.

The previews look like they’re going into 24-land, only without the renegade agent and torture justifications. OK, Claire is a renegade agent, but not on the Jack Bauer level.