House V

The stuff with House and Wilson was good, but the whole 13 subplot was unbearably heavy handed and pretty much awful, while the POTW just seemed like an afterthought. Still, the final scene was devastating, and that aspect worked well enough to make the episode worthwhile. I’m pleased.

New episode! Points to the Clerks reference.

I wonder how good the old diagnostic team’s contracts must be to let them still be in the opening credits while the new guys are still stuck at guest star status…

Since the end of season 4, the entire House series has been added to the Xbox Live Marketplace. Does anyone know if they’ll be adding season 5 as it airs?

Great episode. The whole House / Wilson thing was great right down to blackmailing him to stay followed by the great last line. Fortunately I was watching live as my DVR cut off right at the end as well.

I am still not sure Wilson is right about House not caring but he does have to break the pattern.

Agreed. I’m glad I decided to tape Fringe as well because, yeah, that was the single best scene of the episode and it was cut off :/ Fortunately, my DVR did not skip a beat in recording the next line of dialog at the start of Fringe. (Hmm – Did the climax of Fringe get cut off? I guess I’ll find out tonight!)

Good episode for the House/Wilson stuff, but kind of lame on the Scooby gang stuff. I like how Chase is now apparently some master surgeon after spending a few years as a diagnostic expert with House. Olivia Wilde looked amazing though, so I’m good. Apparently so is Megan Fox.

Chase specialized in intensive care medicine before he joined House’s team. House himself is an infectious disease expert; Foreman is the neuro guy; Cameron is immunology.

Also, even though in real-life the actors are broken up and no longer getting married, Chase and Cameron are supposed to really start getting it on this year. This was supposed to be a big plotline for their characters last year, but the strike wiped out all their episodes.

Hey thanks, I guess all I missed was the last line. For me, the whole show is House/Wilson/Cuddy.

spoiler warning:

Did anyone else feel that House knew from the time he left by blackmailing Wilson what was wrong with the potw? As when he returned near the end it took him less then a minute to say what was wrong with her and treat her. It seemed like he put her through hell just to get at Wilson.

end spoiler:

Great episode, the conversations between House and Wilson were the highlights, as well as when Cuddy tried to get involved. It was also great watching House play Ninja Gaiden at the start of the episode.

Did anyone else feel that House knew from the time he left by blackmailing Wilson what was wrong with the potw? As when he returned near the end it took him less then a minute to say what was wrong with her and treat her. It seemed like he put her through hell just to get at Wilson.

Of course. He’s House.

Absolutely. It’s a dick move, totally, but it’s House, so it’s expected.

Huh. Nah, I thought he figured it out when he came back and noticed that she looked 37 where she had looked 27 before.

Is there really a thing such as “pretty leprosy”. I never really check on all the supposed medical issues, besides Lupus of course :)

No I thought he figured it out when he was ignoring Cuddy.

My DVR cut off right at the end, someone want to spoil me on the last scene?

You didn’t even read the thread, did you?

How the hell did I miss that? Thanks.

I’m stunned that the hospital where House works would have M-rated games in the pediatrics ward. :(

I’m a doublepostin’ fool.

I’m surprised that House, Cuddy, Wilson and the original trio are listed as stars while the new trio are still only listed as guest stars. I wonder if we should be taking anything from that, considering they were in this episode more than any of the stars were, and their stories are clearly more important now than those of the original trilogy.

In other news, tv.com’s new setup sucks. Better looking and loads faster, but now information is like twice as many clicks away.