How big is your backlog in gaming hours?

I own 918 games on steam, and 1251 games in total across all platforms. Of which I finished 443.

But I do not intend to ever play vast majority of the other games, so my actual backlog is only about 25 games deep (which is still a lot). And even of those 25, there is a good chance I will drop some of them quickly instead of finishing them.

bcklg

It would take you…

5500 continuous hours

229 days,4 hours,7 minutes

of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Mine is eternal; I purposefully never finish games. That’s why I’ll live forever!

I try not to think about it. you gaze for long into an abyss…

I guess I’m semi-good at clearing my backlog (I tend to uninstall stuff when I’m done with it)

Uninstalling is irrelevant to this statistic, it looks at games you own on steam, not games you have installed.

Then how does it tell how much of that you’ve already completed? Achievements? Hours you’ve already played?

Scroll upwards, description is in one of the posts.

I kinda wonder if the algo does something real dumb, like summing the total hours played and summing the total hours of “game” you have, then computing the delta. This would be in contrast to doing this on a game by game basis, where you’d compute each game’s hours left to play individually, then sum them.

I have 146 games in my steam list. Most of them I’m pretty sure are nowhere near “done”, but I have a few incremental games that I have thousands of hours in (because you leave them running 24/7 for 2 years). There are 40 games I’ve never even touched, so by this metric they’d take 8.5 hours to finish each.

The biggest thing would be whether they do it game-by-game and they have a minimum of zero hours completion time left - if the completion time left is allowed to be negative for games then sum of deltas vs delta of sums is the same.