How do you guys feel about mods splitting posts into new threads?

Ah, so this is where the salad thread is.

And iceberg lettuce is fucking fantastic.
Lettuce in a salad should be crisp, not limp.
I will not eat romaine lettuce for that reason alone.

Give me iceberg lettuce (with any limp bits discarded) with shredded cheeses, baby tomatoes, carrots, chopped celery, and above all, Western dressing. Yum. And yes I know; high in calories; low in substance.

And then a burger on a grill, or a ribeye steak.
I’m hungry.

As to the OP, my only concern would be this one:

But I suppose if it’s indeed a rare thing, I can live with it.
However, I’m generally fine with the way things are now.
Then again, I was generally fine with the old forum software too, but now that we’ve made the change, I would never want to go back.

Fiber gummies all day erry day ya’ll

I couldn’t find a picture online, but there’s some Kung Fu movie (it might be Once Upon a Time in China?) where the hero goes to visit the British, and says something along the lines of “Why are there daggers on the dining table?”

And so a wedge salad for lunch it will be. Chunky blue cheese dressing.

Never heard of it, so thank you.
Just looked it up and while I would make a few tiny changes, it’s of course right up my alley.

You clearly do not watch Modren Family. :-)

Yes I do!
Have never seen one on there though.

I sit corrected. I found that episode especially humorous because it reminded me of a few couples I know.

I don’t know that I’ve seen that episode; my gf introduced me to the show just a couple of years ago, and I’ve been trying to catch up when they do marathons, but they tend to repeat like the same couple of dozen “best of” episodes.

And yeah, that whole series reminds me of relatives and other people I know. Not myself though. No way.

There are pieces of several characters in me I think. What makes me do a double take is when I relate to Jay. I am not even close to his age, but I have those moments.

As for the wedge salad, I don’t remember if they showed it or not. I remember useless info from TV and movies for years but not always… all of it.

Haven’t read any of the replies before writing this, sorry if I repeat anything that’s been said. I love the idea of splitting threads. I mostly lurk, but I’m on the boards a lot and read probably way too much P&R stuff (lately anyway). I often find it irritating when people go extremely off topic for long stretches. Even if the conversation is interesting, I’d rather it be moved so I can follow the topic I came to read about.

The big problem for me is that off topic stuff that I’m not interested in will be interspersed between replies focused on the topic at hand. If everyone talking about Iran suddenly starts talking about the best way to boil lobster, I’m going to skim over the lobster stuff and possibly miss posts on the main subject in the process.

I like the idea of moving the unrelated stuff so that the actual conversation flows better.

I feel bad now. To make up, I will say that you’ll be fine reading up until post 34. After that, it’s salads. :)

I actually think I would have been disappointed if nobody derailed this one.

The whole point of a wedge salad seems to be, put all the things on lettuce. The lettuce simply adds wet crunch. It’s like celery. A canvas to paint with whatever your imagination will come up with.

The more the better. And if you are worried about calories or something, it’s a salad!

Raw celery has flavor. Nasty flavor. Ugh. Iceberg lettuce is just texture.

It has its place, though. It’s the best lettuce for a turkey club but comes up short next to boston bibb for a straight-up BLT.

That reminds me. I have half a head in the fridge.

That reminds me. Kit Harrington had half a head in the fridge.

(spoilerized the picture. It looks gruesome, but was just a prank with makeup and prosthetics played by a loving man on his fiancée.)

Half a head in the fridge

https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/severed-head-jon-snow-kit-harington.jpg

I’d like to change my vote to:

“I am really confused because I’ve never seen this thread before, and it seems out of place in this sub-forum, and I’ve already read these posts and have no idea what’s going on.”

I don’t mind the splitting, but the notification that I get after a split is confusing. It seems to point at the thread that was split from, and not the one it’s split off into. So I have to go looking for some new conversation that was derailed, because more often than not it was derailed by me.