How is there no Pacquiao-Margarito thread?

My wife is filipino, and her family freaking worship the guy. But I can’t really argue too much, as he does come off as a really good person.

Before last nights fight, I thought the comments about PacMan being among the greatest boxers ever were out of place. I was wrong. I would guess that based on his height and build his natural fighting weight is in the 110-120 lb range and here he is destroying a very good 165 lb boxer. I don’t know how that is possible but he did it.

He really is one of the all-time greats. Not only is he fast as all hell, he’s ridiculously accurate with his hands. He keeps hitting people in the exact same place.

His after parties in Vegas are always a blast for that reason.

C’mon. Sprott is a brawler, a terrible boxer, who had Harrison in all kinds of trouble before a desperate punch felled him. Danny Williams was gone a long time before he fought Harrison - another desperately disappointing boxer.

As for Prizefighter… I’m not sure pseudo reality TV shows are the best judge of a man’s ability.

I won’t ever try and take away that Gold medal performance from him, it was fast and accurate and well deserved. It was a great Olympic performance.

The difference between that and “proper” boxing is all about the kind of punches you have to take, the guts you need, and the protection you don’t have.

Manny is fantastic. Superb performance.

The only problem I have with that fight is that Margarito was allowed into a boxing ring again at all. Cheating scumbag should never have boxed again, much less gotten a payday like this.

As much as I love watching Pacqiao fight, I hate the idea of fucking scum like Margarito earning money even more.