How many excellent games have been sitting?

I just noticed my large stack of excellent PC and console games that have gotten no attention due to my WoW habit and my recent PSP purchase. My lonely games are:

Brother in Arms (PC)
World at War
Jade Empire
Mercenaries
GTA San Andreas
Fight Night Round 2
Midnight Club 3 (X-Box)
GT4

This is getting silly. I’ve only been playing WoW, yet still buying games by the truckload. It’s got to stop I tell you! :oops:

That’s exactly what I’m afraid of.

Hey, you know, if your not using those games, I could for you. ;)

Just realized, I’m still trying to catch up from the games from last X-Mas rush. And by the looks of it, those will still be running strong for a few months. Whew. However, so far I’ve stayed just one step out of WoW’s grasps. I really don’t want to get addicted to an MMO.

Since getting into the EQ2 beta in early October, I’ve now piled up:

Pirates!
Half Life 2
Chaos Theory
Freedom Force vs. 3rd Reich
Rome: Total War
Battle for Middle-earth

It’s so much better being an offline single player than getting involved in those MMO games. Until you run out of games (particularly cRPGs) because everyone and their dog seems to be making MMO games.

Hmm, what was I saying about offline being better? :(

I’m in the same boat. I have a bunch of great games sitting around unplayed because all my free time is spent with WoW and Lumines.

I am making some time for SWAT4 though. That shit is just too much fun.

Since JtL and the GCW update I’ve been pretty solidly playing SWG. But I keep wanting to start, or finish:

PS2:
Mercenaries
Dynasty Warrior 4: Empires

PC:
Starshatter (which I haven’t even had a good chance to load up yet)
Crusader Kings (which I haven’t played nearly as much as I’d like - hope there’s a new patch out).

And lots of odds and ends I’ve messed around with but keep getting distracted from.

I used to do this too. I’d buy games that I never played just because I’d catch them on sale or in the bargain bin. I still have a huge stack of games I’d like to play someday.

Now I exercise restraint. I don’t buy a game unless I really plan on playing it right away. Since I’m playing WoW I really don’t want to play other games either, so my spending has gone way down.

Egads, I have a lot of good, newer games sitting unattended. The past few months have had some amazing releases. First City of Heroes took all of my attention, then Phantom Dust, and next will probably be Guild Wars. I’ve played at least a little of the following but they’re all uncompleted:

Cities of the Nile
Rome Total War
Pirates!
Half Life 2
Resident Evil 4
SMT: Nocturne
Mercenaries
Brothers in Arms
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich
World At War
Jade Empire

(If I go back before, say January this year, the list will be too long and depressing)

Strangely, when I want to play something different, I’m going back to my older unfinished games. Yesterday, I played a little King of Dragon Pass, and I finally played through Ico a few weeks ago. I’m really glad I finished Ico.

Hm …

Vietcong: Fist Alpha Expansion
Freedom Force 2
Medal of Honor : Warchest
Kohan 2
Rome: Total War
Korsun Pocket
Chronicles of Riddick
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Titans of Steel
Dawn of War (last mission)
Gothic 1 & 2
Sacrifice

There are probably a few others, but those stand out.

I haven’t really thought about GBA, PS2, and DS stuff.

Games I want(ed) to play and haven’t had the time for: Darwinia, Half-Life 2, Rome: TW, Metroid Prime 2, Wario Ware Inc., Starshatter, TrackMania: Sunrise, Freedom Force vs. Third Reich and a lot more. And whenever there was some time left, some PC gaming mag showed up and killed it with games that came along with it. For instance, a few months ago a Gamestar issue featured Freespace II, Sacrifice, MDK 2 and Fallout 2 on their DVD. And a month or two before that it was The Patrician III. And since I hadn’t played or finished neither of them, I fired them up instead of getting a brandnew game.

-Julian

I’m a one game at a time kind of guy, which kind of screws me during the pre/post-Christmas rush. Right now, I’ve got a couple sitting in the wings:

Paper Mario
Jade Empire
Twisted Metal: Head On
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Wipeout Pure

…damn you, Lumines!

I love these lists :-)

– Untouched:
Ninja Gaiden
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Freedom Force Vs. Third Reich
Kohan: Ahriman’s Gift
Combat Mission II
… and a pile of even older ones not worth mentioning.

– Begun:
Mercenaries
Pirates
Kohan 2
Far Cry
Spider-Man 2

– Almost done:
Halo 2

Cheers!
Rob

I’ve been buying more than I could play basically since January. Getting close to caught up since I let both CoH and WoW lapse after their first month. I played them long enough to get a feel for both, but not so long that I was hopelessly pulled in, and I think it worked pretty well. I look forward to going back to one or both of them in a couple months when I know what my job and living situation will be.

Still got a backlog though, I picked up MGS3 and I’m working through that while Phantom Dust sits on the shelf, and I didn’t finish Stranger’s Wrath either, nor have I done a single online game of Chaos Theory, which was arguably a bigger draw in the initial purchase decision than the single player which I did manage to complete.

Unfinished and neglected:

Arcanum
Temple of Elemental Evil
Phantom Brave
Fire Emblem
Return of the King for GBA
Warioland 4
Beyond Good and Evil
Katamari Damacy
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
E.V.O.
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

Why on Earth did I just buy Nightmare of Druaga when I have Dragon Quarter just sitting there.