How many tables will you eventually own for Pinball FX3?

I still love mine. Not every game supports it, but enough do to make it worthwhile, and the extra space is great for productivity.

I replaced mine with twin 32” 1440p monitors. : )

Anyone else try the Williams Table beta? (Right Click on FX3 -> Properties -> Beta Tab -> Williams beta opt in).

The physics feels right to me for the first time in a PInball FX game. It just feels predictable now in how it feels.

I just tried the trials for Medieval Madness and Getaway II. So enticing!

Also, FX tables have sales all the time, which I’m not sure Pinball Arcade ever did, so I envision owning a lot of Williams tables eventually.

They had sales on season passes from time to time but not great ones.

Unfortunately, I don’t hold out a lot of hope for that. In a podcast interview a while back, the PA guys said that the Williams license holders had to specifically authorize any discounts on the tables, and they weren’t inclined to do that very often.

I wonder if this means there’s a little more chance we’ll get Indiana Jones. Probably not, but it would be so great.

It was mentionned in an hopeful way on the interview Tom did.

Yeah, they were hopeful because they already have a very good relation with Lucasfilm(see all 10,000 of their Star Wars tables).

I just spent a little while the the beta Williams tables. They are fun and the lighting is BEAUTIFUL, but I still feel like the ball has no weight in FX.

The Pinball Arcade versions are ugly by comparison (and especially the non-PC versions that are prior to the DX11 conversion), but the ball has weight, inertia, and “feels” more right to me).

Hope the FX physics keep improving though.

Diego

New Williams tables drop on October 9th for PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch, $10 for the pack. Fish Tales will be free to everyone.

And, from the announcement, it seems like Zen couldn’t resist the urge to modernize the Williams tables with new Zen-style virtual pinball remasters. At least there will be two modes for each table (original and remastered).

Diego

Okay, folks, looks like I’m buying the Williams tables all over again…for Pinball FX3…for the Switch.

Who’s with me?! And what’s your friend code? (Is there a Switch master list somewhere?)

About the Switch tate version, can you play using buttons when it is in vertical mode?

Here’s my friend code SW-8140-3543-2052

There is a QT3 gamer tag spreadsheet, though few people have added their Nintendo info
https://creator.zoho.com/tagjosh/qt3-gamer-tags-2014/#View:Qt3_Gamer_Tag_Input_Form_View

Diego

Thanks!

Ugh, there’s no way to send a message with a friend request? That sucks. I always decline randoms, but without a way to message me, there’s no way I’ll be able to tell.

I’ll put my info on the Google sheet. If anyone’s interested in a sweet pinball rivalry, either make sure you’re on the sheet or shoot me a PM!

Can someone help me with tilting? How to do it, when to do it, etc…

There are many tables which have … I don’t know the technical term … “lanes” on the left and right which bypass the flippers. If your ball goes there, there’s pretty much nothing you can do about it unless you have a kickback.

I’m assuming that I’m supposed to tilt here, to prevent the ball from falling down that lane. But I’m never able to successfully do it. Am I missing something?

This is “nudging” you’re talking about.

There are a couple cases where it can help, if done quickly with a light touch.

When the ball is starting to settle on an outer lane, you nudge in the opposite direction (there’s hardly any friction). With practice you’ll save a decent percentage.

The other is a long drop that’s going to drain center. Quick nudge against the angle and you can often save with your flippers.

Some tables, it is possible to save the ball as it drains down that lane by nudging up which will then place the ball onto the opposing flipper from the lane it was draining from. It is better shown with a video, this one might help after a quick browse.

I’ve done it successfully with a few Zen pinball tables, though I could not remember which ones. Raise the flipper on the lane that is draining, then nudge up, but timing is critical with the nudge.

It would be really nice and feel more like real pinball if on the Switch, you could nudge the table by moving the controller instead of by pushing a button.