How many tables will you eventually own for Pinball FX3?

Hmm, I guess I just have to get the hang of it. How many times can you nudge before it’s considered a tilt? Is it different depending on the table?

In my experience, never nudge more than twice.

In real life, many tables allowed the operator to adjust tilt sensitivity.

There is a play style where some players really body a table a lot, especially on older era machines.

Hey, at least you don’t have to pay quarters to test it now.

On the list of skills, though, it’s far less important than learning ball control and figuring out the dangerous areas on a given table.

Yeah, I have decent high scores on many tables and I never nudge!

Just got the third Williams pack: Theatre of Magic, Champion Pub, and Safecracker.

So 3 tables instead of 4 this time. Hmm.

The strategy seems to be “one banger per pack, fillers for the rest.” Medieval Madness carries volume 1, Attack from Mars for 2, Theatre of Madness for 3.

Just on the filler, it seems like 1 or 2 tables would click with me, but no such luck until now. I have always liked the small Safecracker and it’s a rare table. If I ever bought a real table for home, that one would probably be my choice (I’d also need a lot of disposable income). Not sure about Champion Pub yet, never played a real version much.

I would bitch more about comparing the 3 packs to Farsight’s season 1, but damned if this strategy isn’t working just fine on me. They fixed the physics, now they allow you to get non censored versions of the tables, and there are many QoL improvements over Farsight.

Fourth Williams pack promises better flipper physics (coming May 28th):

Pinball FX3 stuff is on sale on Steam. I was thinking of buying one of the Williams packs, just to see how reality based tables play. I played a little pinball as a kid, but I don’t remember any specific tables, so I don’t have any nostalgia for any. Is there a Willams pack that you guys like a lot?

Given the work you need to do on your wizard score, you better get all of them. :) I only say that because you single-handedly had me plugging away at my high scores for the better part of a week to catch up with you!

As for the Williams packs, do you know any of the tables? If any of them are even remotely familiar to you, get the pack with that table. Barring that, you might as well ask someone his favorite flavor of ice cream! So I’ll just say my favorite Williams table – until they release a true classic like Pinbot – is currently, hmm, maybe The Getaway in Williams Pack 1? I haven’t tried all of them, though. I should probably go address that.

-Tom

It is tempting to pick up the Williams packs now that they’re $7 each instead of $10.

Let me know which of the three packs you choose Rob, I might get the same one so that I can be humbled by your high score and never play again.

I remember when we were going back and forth, it was fun! I do have some holes in my table collection and they have made it more confusing to see what I’m missing in Steam. I should write down the ones I need when in the game.

I don’t know any of the tables in real life, so maybe I’ll just go with your favorite. So @Rock8man that will be the first one. If it makes you feel better I’ve got a couple friends on my list who can beat any of my scores when they put their mind to it.

First one it is! I owned the Pinball Arcade game on the 360, which had some great tables, and Medieval Madness was one of the tables in that game. So I’m familiar with that one!

Edit: Putting my mind to it is not the problem, it’s finding the time. In most pinball games, getting a high score involves playing for a long time, whereas I view Pinball as a great 5 minute filler activity between other activities. But if you want a good score, you have to last a lot longer than 5 minutes.

Got it. It may be a little while before I install Pinball FX3 again. I have some large games installed to my SSD right now and I need to either finish them or bail.

I can only play this on the Switch at the moment. They claim the leaderboards are shared amongst platforms on the website, but I am guessing there is no way to have my Steam friends merge? This is so sad, I have only Chappers in front of me.

Another Switch related question from a cheapskate: do the pack ever go on sale there?

I think I only played it 5 times and I’m in front of you? Either I’m so good at this game or you are a Chick (Tom) in man’s clothing.