How many tables will you eventually own for Pinball FX3?

Tesla is objectively bad. But you can like whatever things you want.

We do have a topic for best digital pinball tables as well.

I think picking the worst is easier than the best, because the bad tables stand out so much:

1. Tesla
  2. V12
  3. Iron Man (just for the hideous table colors)

Best, I dunno, there are a lot of good tables. Last time I researched it these were the ones that got cited the most:

1. World War Hulk
  2. Avengers
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
  4. Empire Strikes Back
  5. Dr. Strange
  6. Epic Quest
  7. Sorcerer’s Lair

Sorcerer’s Lair is great, I’ve played that table for hours in a single sitting. Can’t say that for most tables. It’s just so… friendly.

I’m surprised Dr. Strange is on the list except the fact that you can score high on it. It’s incredibly easy to get the ball in a gutter with a barely missed shot.

You are missing Rome on your bad list. Such a boring table.

I have a love hate relationship with World War Hulk. I sort of hate the endless stream of combos on that. Sometimes a table can be too easy, you know?

Venom is an underratedly bad table. Spend most of your balls stuck down in The Pit Of No Fun bouncing off Satan’s Own Drop Targets. Ugh.

It’s funny, when I realized this was coming out I kinda felt like, ‘so’. I’ve had a lot of fun jumping in and playing a table or two, doing something else, coming back later and playing another table or two.

When we used to have those tournaments in FX2, I got so burned out that I never really felt like playing it since. I have such a strong compulsion to try to beat the scores in a tournament I played well past the point of enjoying it. I avoided getting that committed to Thaeg’s tournament because I knew it would be my downfall.

Once I get a score up on every table I can shoot for others’ scores a bit at a time without getting so addicted to it. It’s a good sign that when my posted score on a table is lower than some of my friends’s scores I was able to move on and not feel like I need to try and beat it. Maybe it also helps that some of you guys can kick my butt on a lot of tables so I don’t feel like I have a good chance at beating many of the scores. Yep - I have problems.

The worst table is Deadpool, because of all the weird semi-unskippable cutscenes, including (unforgiveably) a “The End?” cutscene. Horrible.

Second is V12. Just pay the licensing costs for Ms. Splosion Man already.

Hey, who here is interested in doing a Pinball FX3 podcast with me sometime this week? I’d love to get a couple of folks to join me over Skype for no more than an hour to talk about the changes, your favorite tables, your preferred platform, and so forth.

Preferably folks who haven’t recorded with me before, but I’m open to having anyone join me. Send me a PM if you’re interested and willing! My scheduling is flexible, but in order to get a couple of folks, this would probably be sometime in the early evening-ish for US time zones.

-Tom

Okay, I’ve got a tournament up for Paranormal. How many points can you score with just one ball? Password: paranormal

I’ve started out with a nice easy score that you guys can beat to feel real good about yourselves!

-Tom

Challenge accepted!

That’s higher than my 3 ball high score :-)

Uh…30 mil!!! Sheesh… I feel special with my 9.3m at least.

My high score for the table with 3 balls is like 23 million so I figured I won’t get close. I played a tournament game and got 1+ million. Played again and got 23+ million. Maybe there is hope! I’m sure by the time I get back to this the tournament high score will be 60 million.

That was an anomoly for me, for sure! I’m unlikely to have the time this week to go again if someone overtakes me, so have at it.

You beat me by 1.000 points. 1.000

As for the two anomalies above, it is obviously because they have paid for boosters, while we kept it pure. That totally makes up for the 20M points difference, I did the math, yup.

My current #1 score of 47 million is luck and soon to fall, but it just may be the proudest moment of me life.

The plan was just to quickly remind myself how the table worked before getting to bed, then make a real attempt later. But I… just… wouldn’t… die, so now it’s quarter to three but at least I have the lead.

Oops, I obviously forgot to put the Thraeg filter on the tournament. I shudder to think what he’s done to our leaderboard.

-Tom

YOU DONE FUCKED UP NOW CHICK

How does one find tournaments?