How many tables will you eventually own for Pinball FX3?

Just gonna link my post above. (edit: ok, links box it up weird so I’ll just quote myself instead)

I skipped the step where you press “Apply” after changing filter to friends.

OK, I think I figured it…somehow I’ve made it this long without being a friends with Tom Chick on Steam. I found the tournament manually though. Thanks!

In Tom’s tournament, I think it is only fair that you divide your score by your experience level to get the true high score. I might have a chance being top 3 that way :D

I’ll bask in my 5 minutes of glory before Thraeg goes and retakes the high score. Well, I guess it takes longer than 5 minutes to get the points so I may be good for 45 minutes.

I have a hell of a time getting the ball into the attic in the haunted house. I did it once in my last game. I hit all the lights for a second time and must have tried another 10-20 times to shoot it into the attic and couldn’t.

If it’s any consolation, before the tournament I think I only played one game of Paranormal since FX3 - so I didn’t have many upgrades.

Yeah, I hate the upgrades stuff so probably won’t be trying again on that table.

That being said, I’ve only played like maybe 10 balls total on Paranormal, but playing through it for the tourney a bit convinced me that it might be sort of a fun table, even if there doesn’t seem like there’s much going on.

You’ve got at least 12 hours until I’m home and able to try again :)

Same here. The 20M from getting into the attic was the only big individual score I picked up – the rest was just grinding out 1-3M at a time.

I hadn’t touched it in FX3 before the tournament started, so I did one quick preliminary survival challenge to unlock a couple upgrades. I’m happy to play without upgrades, but I don’t feel strongly enough about the purity of the experience to eschew tools that are allowed for a tournament.

Oh, I agree. If they are enabled for the tournament I’m going to use whatever I have. I’d be happy to play in a tournament that doesn’t allow them.

The one nice thing about Paranormal is that there aren’t any (not or many) unforgiving shots that drain the ball unfairly.

Okay, I’m in the top 50%, so EVERYBODY STOP PLAYING THE TOURNAMENT NOW.

-Tom

Is this available on the PS4?

Yep! It’s basically just an upgrade to your FX2 tables.

-Tom

Very cool. Would be fun to have reproductions of some of the old classic mechanical tables, like 8-Ball, but I suspect the old guys like me who played those in the arcades back when dinosaurs roamed the earth are not a target audience. ;)

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but here is $500 worth of add-on packs consisting of exactly that:

And here’s the pack with Eight Ball Deluxe:

-Tom

I think there’s a game called… I want to say “Pinball Arcade” that does exactly this. I actually enjoyed that more than Pinball FX games because they recreate real tables. All those old tables that I thought must be crappy because they used name brands, those turned out to be good Pinball tables!

Edit: Tom beat me to it.

Oh wow. Why couldn’t Qt3 be competing on these tables instead of the leaderboards on Pinball FX?

Be the change etcetera etcetera. I’ve always preferred FX over Arcade, but am not opposed to mixing it up a bit if someone were to start something there.

When they both started, I thought FX really nailed the social game with Pinball FX2. The moment you beat someone’s score, you could automatically message them over Xbox Live, for example. It had lots of little touches like that, versus Pinball Arcade, which had nothing like that. But if Pinball Arcade has had so many “seasons” of tables since then, maybe upped their game in the interim? I’ll have to fire up my old copy and see for myself I guess.

Downloading…

I am in as soon as they make the Macintosh version playable. Who knows, it may happen: it merely took them 3 years to implement (limited) keyboard configuration.
Yeah I don’t hold fondly that game at all.

Guys I have 277M right now but it’s been 2.5 hours and I’m exhausted. What do?

(It’s paused)

The wife has been waiting a long time to watch some tv.

That figures. In my first run, the ball didn’t do much, just fell through the bottom twice in a row, and I was in 15th place. So I thought, hey, at least I know where the bottom is. In my next run, I played for a long time, maybe 7-10 minutes. I was feeling pretty good, because I usually don’t last that long in any table. My position was now… 14th. I beat one person.