How many times would you watch a Battlegrounds movie in the theater?

Title How many times would you watch a Battlegrounds movie in the theater?
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When January 3, 2018

The CEO of PUBG Corporation, would like to see PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds made into a movie someday. Not only that, Chang Han Kim told Inven Global that he can imagine a whole cross-media universe of Battlegrounds..

Read the full article

I’m okay with the idea of exploring a world in which battle royales are a regularly accepted occurrence, especially if participation is done by choice. I’m sure whoever options the movie rights will give the subject a profound, nuanced treatment.

I have zero desire to see another movie where the participants are forced into it by a dystopian government, though.

It would be … challenging … to voluntarily opt into a contest where 99/100 of the contestants are guaranteed to die. Them odds not so good.

Sure, but this is the MOVIES, where no justification is too thin!

But I’m special! I know I’m in the top 1% of people.

Battle Royale is great because it has a lot to say about how kids relate to each other as they grow up and enter an increasingly competitive world. I find it bewildering to see how their metaphor for Japanese high school has been turned into a whole genre of movies that takes themselves seriously.

A PUBG Movie, what a great idea…

oh wait, I think they were called Battle Royale 1 & 2.

Very interested to see how they work rampant aimbotting, ESP and no-recoil scripting into the plot…

Well the chance at high fame and fortune would be draw enough for enough people that it could actually work, even in today’s society.

Between The Hunger Games and PUBG, it’s arguable that Battle Royale is in fact the dominant cultural phenomenon of the 2010s.

…cartoons, animation, and more? That sounds horrible :(

I dunno. As a thought experiment or weird art project, I could imagine a director taking 100 people and filming them in various generic action/death scenes and semi-generic plotlines, and then splicing them into 1-10 second bits. Then you write an algorithm that splices them into a coherent movie- each viewing some die, some win. On some level the movie Clue is almost a template for this- just enough wiggle room and editing, and you can massage anything into coherency.

Now that I’m thinking about it, isn’t this how Wong Kar Wai makes movies? Shoot hundreds of hours of footage without much script and then edit it down into 2+? Sure, you aren’t going to reduce his art into an algorithm, but then the source material isn’t art, either.

Zero. Zero times. Less if possible.

If you watch a movie -1 times would that make someone else count as watching it without actually going to see it?

Sorry, I’m a bit late. Gonna let Dean Wormer field this one.

I think Battleship was a fun popcorn movie, I have watched it 1.5 times.