How Many USB Devices are Connected to Your Computer, and What Are they?

Mouse
Keyboard
External Hard Drive
64 GB Thumb Drive that I essentially use as a small portable hard drive (it’s actually considerably faster than all my drives save for my SSD, so I have a number of older games installed on it).
WiFi Adapter
Xbox 360 Gamepad
Fender Mustang Guitar Amp

It hasn’t killed me yet! It was a Kickstarter product that one of my richer, less tightfisted friends gifted to me.

Why are some of you guys plugging your headphones into the USB plug, what is wrong with the good old jack?

Back in France, I was hosting a BrianRubin-esque extravaganza plugged to my PC. HOTAS! Midi converters! External soundcards!

Now that space is tight, it’s mouse, keyboard, gamepad, and the occasional backup HD or phone.

It seems to mirror how boring my computer life has become!

Because

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M16Y46E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nothing, these just happen to be USB. Had them for years. Decent mic too, though the Yeti is waaayyyy better.

Always:

• keyboard
  • mouse
  • keypad

Sometimes:

• XB1 controller
  • Steam controller
  • HOTAS
  • racing wheel + pedals
  • head tracker
  • flash drives

Always:

• keyboard
  • XB1 controller
  • mouse (see below)
  • wireless dongle (sometimes I’ll disconnect my mouse if a cat decides to lay on the cable)

Sometimes:

• fan
  • charger
  • portable drives
  • death ray
  • HOTAS

I want a death ray. Does it come in colors with a lighter attachment?

That cost me extra, but I felt it was worth it just for the whole feng shui of it all.

I had one of these plugged in for a while. But it always made me nervous.

https://www.amazon.com/RioRand-Plasma-Sensitive-Nebula-Novelty/dp/B004HFKZAY

I have a new mission. That mission is to have my my USB plasma ball and death ray do their thing while lighting my grill. I don’t think either of my 49 nor my 11 year old bosses will go for me moving the grill into our shared computer space.

3-4: Keyboard, UPS, an external backup drive, mouse wireless receiver plugged in the front. Occasionally I plug in my iPhone for transferring photos off it. That’s it, just the basics.

Always:

Mouse
Keyboard (kinda, use a PS/2 adapter)
External hard drive
Wifi adapter

Sometimes:
Controller (Steam or PS4)

Alright, I’ve cleaned mine up in the recent months:

-yeti microphone
-logitech extreme 3d pro joystick
-madcatz street fighter 4 tournament edition ps3 fighting stick
-logitech g633 headset
-xbox one wireless receiver (i should unplug this since the controller is wired most days)
-ps4 wireless receiver
-linksys wireless ac dongle
-lightning charge + sync cable for iphone/ipad
-usb-c cable for pixel 2
-usb cable to ps vita
-wacom intuos 4 tablet and digitizer pen
-soundengine d1 usb headphone amp
-astro mixamp of some sort
-logitech g910+ keyboard
-logitech g502 mouse
-xbox one elite controller via usb
-asus usb3 dvd writer w/ usb3 hub and video out for an asus zenbook laptop i’ve sold (i haven’t used optical disk for anything in months)
-logitech webcam c720 or something
-ups

Always Connected:

Logitech Mouse
Corsair Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech Surround Sound Speakers
Logitech Webbam
Razer or Logitech Headset
External Harddrive
UPS

Sometimes Connected:

Saitek and/or Razer Wolverine Controller
Wacom Drawing Tablet
And the usual smartphone, camera, anything that uploads stuff

Always

• Logitech mouse RF adapter (may add a new keyboard soon, which would use the same adapter)
  • Micro USB cord to charge my phones (two if I charge them at the same time)
  • Brother printer
  • Linksys wifi adapter

Sometimes

• Logitech webcam
  • X360 gamepad
  • multi card reader
  • Sandisk MP3 player
  • PS1 gamepad dongle

I’ve been worried lately that I need a USB hub, but I guess I don’t really need one yet, and don’t want another AC adapter plugged into the wall regardless.

Ah ha! I found it. It still makes me nervous.

Scaaaaaaary.

To be clear, I’m not worried about the pretty lights. OTOH a plasma ball can light cathode ray tubes and fluorescent bulbs. Thus some small energy can pass through the glass. That being so, it worries me that any energy escapes right next to my expensive laptop. I’d hate to accidentally fry a memory stick or SSD.

I was sure I’d have the most but of course then @rei showed up :)

• 5TB External HDD
  • 4TB External HDD
  • 2TB External HDD
  • Mouse
  • Keyboard
  • Wifi Adapter
  • Webcam
  • XB360 Controller
  • Receiver for wireless keyboard

and usually a thumbdrive of some sort, occasionally my cellphone or the portable 250GB HD my gf and I use to bring movies/TV over to my parents’ place (dad’s got an ancient WDTV unit that can read video files off a USB device).