How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

Who said the company paid for the suite? Anyway, lots of people get laid in company-paid hotel rooms. That is not in any way unusual. Throwing a party in the company suite, also, not a problem-- if no complaints arise, if you don’t generate a scandal. Posting a conversation about banging chicks in the hotel room to twitter, that would be a problem although again, probably not worth firing someone for that alone. Calling it the Cosby suite in 2015, that would be a huge problem.

It was Alex Afrasiabi’s room during the 'con. I’m almost 100% sure he didn’t pay for his own suite.

I’ve got no idea, of course, but I never paid for a hotel room when my game company sent me to conventions.

I think it’s safe to assume the company paid for the suite, but I agree with your other comments.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had plenty of female colleagues that have had event sex in their hotel rooms as well. This isn’t just about dudes.

Surprising they kicked in for a suite, but I guess he was a bigwig so it’s possible.

Indeed, I would say that these suites are priced knowing that only the companies ever pay for them.

Actually, when you have a big event like Blizzcon, the adjoining hotel generally comps the organizing company tons of rooms. At least that’s how it works in Las Vegas.

Yes, I’d think someone’s company bought the room.

The photo reminds me of a very weird anime convention visit paid for by my alma mater. A bunch of people got suspended, which seems like the school equivalent of what should’ve happened here. (I was not in attendance.)

Men speak differently when women are present. Do women not do the same? That’s not to say that all conversations among men turn into fratboy bro-ing out, but sex/romance is certainly one topic that might be addressed. I’ve heard (could be wrong) that women talking to other women can get pretty raunchy, but I seldom get that from women who are talking when I’m present. I mean, you have to have strong guidelines of professional behavior within a company, but erasing all gender differentiation in behavior seems like kind of a big ask.

Ahh, sure, that makes total sense. Regardless, it was a corporate activity which is what matters.

Room yes, suite no. Not that it matters because Menzo is almost certainly correct and they comped a bunch of suites for bringing thousands of people to the resort and even if Alex paid for it himself, that isn’t really pertinent as it was a corporate activity.

Absolutely common. I guarantee you that some group of executives at every gaming company has suites at every industry event.

And many of them host gatherings of some groups of employees after hours where they get drunk and do stupid things.

All of which should be fine as long as it’s not illegal, discriminatory, or harassment.

So the Cosby reference was regarding sweaters? Is that like when Kavanaugh said boofing was farts and Devils Triangle was a drinking game?

How about this. When you are at work or a company function there is an expectation you maintain some level of professionalism. What has been shared is pretty damn blatant and I find it appalling that anyone would make an attempt to defend it.

Exactly. Let’s have a big party where we intoxicate women and fuck them, then brag about it, in a place we call Cosby Suite. Because we like his sweaters.

It does strain credulity. But I doubt we’re going to make headway on this specific element until someone involved comes forward.

In related news, the connected suite affectionately known as the “Tap that Ass” room was named after the popular children’s game of “Pin the Tail on the Donkey”, known to be popular at Blizzard parties and get togethers.

Aged like fine wine.

The fact that they were so cavalier about talking about the “Cosby suite” publicly makes me wonder if it was more innocent. It’s hard for me to imagine anyone would brag about a Cosby suite after all his shit was well known, and we certainly would have heard about it before now.

The bigger battle here is the court of public opinion. If gamers turn away from Blizzard, their revenue decreases and their share prices dump. If WoW’s dev team becomes affiliated with Bill Cosby, known rapist, that cannot be good for them.

Given the timing, yes.

If you walked up to me in November 2013 and asked what I thought about Bill Cosby, I would reference Jello Pudding Pops.