How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

Damn.

But won’t he think of the women?!

That’s okay, Blizzard will be just fine once their investment in Chinese online gaming comes to fruition. Don’t you people have ages over 18?

I just read this thread from, like, June.

You know how thieves can be chaotic good? (At least in 1e they can.) They can be good even though they steal, because they steal from evil people. They do good by stealing from evil people.

If you say it’s more important that they not steal, you’re much closer to lawful neutral than to lawful good, and you just might be lawful evil.

I’ve known a great many corporate executives. Most were lawful neutral with frequent spasms of self-interest driving them towards evil. Which corresponds to what, Acheron. Which sounds like “Activision”! Hmmmm, hmmmm

Anyway, I would never, ever advocate for stealing from evil people — this is just my alignment analysis for when we role-play this out on the forum. Cheers!

WWKD? :)

-Tom

OMG YOU SON OF A BITCH TAKE THAT BACK

Doggypile!

Relevant bit, which is definitely another headache ATVI doesn’t want. I’m no finance-talking guy, but I think there are rules about public companies having to disclose things that may be material to their profitability and maybe even their stock price. I think it would be hard to for ATVI to suggest that the investigation and ensuing lawsuit aren’t material.

It may come down to the timing of what they knew and when, and when they made their quarterly statements.

The WSJ explains that the SEC is investigating to figure out whether Activision and its executives correctly and adequately disclosed allegations of workplace harassment and gender-pay issues to investors and other related individuals and if these disclosures happened quickly enough, according to the documents seen by the outlet.

https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/activision-blizzard-provides-update-workplace-initiatives

SANTA MONICA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep. 21, 2021-- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) said today that it continues to work with regulators on addressing and resolving workplace complaints it has received. The Company also provided an update on recent initiatives to achieve its goal of ensuring a workplace that is inspiring, equitable, and respectful to all.

Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard, said, “We are deeply committed to making Activision Blizzard one of the best, most inclusive places to work anywhere. There is absolutely no place anywhere in our Company for discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment of any kind. While we continue to work in good faith with regulators to address and resolve past workplace issues, we also continue to move ahead with our own initiatives to ensure that we are the very best place to work. We remain committed to addressing all workplace issues in a forthright and prompt manner.”

Kotick also said that the Company continues to productively engage with regulators, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) with the goal of improving its workplace policies and procedures and ensuring compliance.

The Company is actively engaged in continued discussions with the EEOC and has cooperated with the EEOC’s investigation concerning certain employment practices. It also confirmed that it is complying with a recent U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) subpoena issued to the Company and several current and former employees and executives regarding disclosures on employment matters and related issues. The Company is confident in its prior disclosures and is cooperating with the SEC’s investigation.

Activision Blizzard has made a number of important improvements including significant changes to personnel, exiting a number of employees, and expanding compliance resources. In addition, the Company has refreshed its HR organization and, this week, will welcome a new Chief People Officer, Julie Hodges, who joins the Company from The Walt Disney Company. The Company has also expanded training, performance management, and anti-harassment resources.

The Company remains committed to ensuring it is the most welcoming, inclusive game company and connecting and engaging its 400 million players through epic entertainment created by the very best people in the industry.

It’s impossible to ignore the circumstances in which Blizzard has lost its top lawyer.

That’s saying quite a lot in a short sentence.

The question there is whether Kotick and the chief legal officer knew about the California investigation and (illegally) chose not to disclose them. The answer is yes of course they both knew, and the CLO quit to protect her ass-- she’s facing legal exposure herself, and potentially disbarment if the feds can prove she lied, even if they don’t indict her. My guess is she quit and then immediately called the SEC volunteering for an interview.

This feels like the end of the mob movie when the bosses kill everyone involved “just to be sure.”

Reading this thread makes me want to go back to my happy place.

Ahh, there it is.

KABOOM! That’s the stuff.

And another.

Run! Run for the hills!

The Cosby Suite days are over…

I got (and maybe still have somewhere) the Spider Fighters badge