How should we arrange the "Game of the Decade" QT3 poll?

The votes in the first post are coming along nicely. It’s pretty clear that 10 games with a 2 week voting period are the favorites there. But with the third poll there’s a little ambiguity. My impression is that the people who prefer assigning points would prefer a simple ranking to a 1 vote = 1 point outcome, and I stupidly did not allow people to vote for multiple options (my bad). If you add up the votes for both then it’s ahead, but by raw numbers the simplest option, 1 vote = 1 point is the winner. So, I want to add a poll here with just the two most popular options. Please answer this one as well.

• 1 vote = 1 point
  • Simple Ranked

0 voters

The first option, 1 vote = 1 point, means you just list 10 games you loved. The order doesn’t matter, we assign one point for each game in any position. So, 1st place is 1 point, 2nd place is 1 point, 3rd place is 1 point, etc. You get a point, you get a point, you get a point! (oprah.gif)

The second option, simple ranked, means you give a ranked list of your 10 favorite games from the last decade. The order of the list grants the points in the vote. So, 1st place is 10 points, 2nd place is 9 points, 3rd place is 8 points, etc. This is like we do the end of year Quarterlies voting scoring.

Please select an option. None of these polls are “binding” but I’d like to make as many people happy as possible.

Even if they didn’t like my idea of assigning points to games that you love…