How some popular movies might have been

That’s debatable. heh

I think this thread has taught us that while Keanu Reeves is by no means a stellar actor, he’s done a passably good job in a number of memorable roles.

And he was, in fact, awesome in Constantine and that lone Matrix movie that never had any sequels made.

Actually, Lance Henrikson was to be the terminator, but things got changed.

I dunno. Of the listed movies that I’ve seen, the only ones I actually liked Keanu Reeves in were: Bill and Ted and…hmm. Maybe A Scanner Darkly.

I liked The Matrix a lot, but despite Reeves, not because of him. I would rather have had half a dozen other people instead of him. Constantine was a shitty movie with a few great bits, none of which involved Reeves, who was completely wrong for the part. He was inoffensive in Speed, but I really think practically anyone could have led that movie. Etc.

Yeah, Reeves will never be one of those actors of whom you could say “the best or only good thing about that film was Keanu”.

You know I just realized, seeing as how Terminator has a very important love scene and all, that the only films I can recall Arnold having a love scene (even implied) is the first Conan and Twins. Hmmm.

Total Recall had a love scene.

I only recall this because as a young man I remember seeing Arnie on the Tonight Show (with Johnny Carson) and he was enthusing, nay gushing, about how his new movie starts with a super hot love scene between him and Sharon Stone. And then Johnny made fun of him. God bless you, Johnny.

I GET LAID A LOT IN DIS MOVIE!

What I love about the Total Recall commentary is Paul Verhoeven and Arnold’s mastery of the obvious.

Richter: I want that fucker dead!
Henchman: I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want Quaid porking my old lady.
Richter: You saying she likes it?
Henchman: No, I’m sure she hated every minute!

Paul: So you see, this guy is teasing him, and suggesting that his wife enjoyed sleeping with Arnold.
Arnold: Exactly, exactly!

Ah, yes.

You know what Daniel Day Lewis would be awesome in?
The Robocop Remake.

Only if the movie is actually called The Robocop Remake.

And there’s a scene where he steals someone’s baby food.

Keanu was in River’s Edge. The movie was good and the role he played did call for a wooden, desensitived teen.

I propose a modification to the rule: If the character dies (and the character doesn’t engage in afterlife shenanigans), then the character is better off being played by Sean Bean.