How some popular movies might have been

I would say “Bill and Ted” but that’s technically two movies.

I don’t think Keanu is a great actor, but he fits some roles very well by simply being himself.

As an aside, a friend of mine actually met him once, in a bar in L.A. They played pool for a while. My friend said he wasn’t the brightest bulb.

Perhaps, but he’s also a very nice guy on a level that someone of his celebrity stature doesn’t have to be.

Aw, I guess Much Ado About Nothing doesn’t count, nor The Devil’s Advocate (which IMO he was actually pretty good in), nor Constantine…

Tom mentioned Constantine. I think I would have gone with A Scanner Darkly.

Richard Grieco was right, Speed sucked mightily.

Point Break.

Maybe. But it still was a huge success and helped Keanu out mightily.

daniel day louis as hedwig.

there, i did it.

Daniel Day Lewis doing Salò as a one man play.

Richard - The Beach
Matt Mardock/Daredevil - Daredevil
Riddick - Pitch Black or The Chronicles of Riddick
J-Man - Envy
John Myers - Hellboy
Harvery Pekar or Toby Radloff - American Splendor
Ricky Hayman - Holy Man
Frankie Wilde - It’s All Gone Pete Tong
Jimmy Livingston - Bubble Boy
Joe Scheffer - Joe Somebody
Dan Dunne - Half-Nelson
Jonathan Safran Foer - Everything is Illuminated
Mike O’Hara or Jimmy Flaherty - Celtic Pride
David Abbott - Just Like Heaven
President Merkin Muffley or Dr. Strangelove - Dr. Strangelove
Chance - Being There
Joe Fox - You’Ve Got Mail
Albert Markovski - I Heart Huckabees
Jim McAllister - Election
Burt Munro - The World’s Fastest Indian
Andrew Largeman - Garden State
Michael - The Last Kiss
Steve Zissou - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
J.D. - Scrubs
Felix Bonhoeffer - Slipstream
Nicky - Little Nicky
Barry - High Fidelity
Harold Crick - Stranger Than Fiction
Joe Bauers - Idiocracy
Ben Stone - Knocked Up
Otto - Repo Man

I don’t care if most of these roles are cannot possibly be cool, I believe there will be some milkshake drinking.

What about one of the roles from Brokeback Mountain?

Good one. I’m sure he has the chops, but he is way too male-looking.

Although I’ve seen some performances where Hedwig looked way more like a man in drag than like John Cameron Mitchell’s pretty girl, and it still works. It’s more sad, but it works.

One? You’re not thinking big enough.

Both.

Hahahaha DDL doesn’t have the chops to play Daredevil? Oh, come now.

I was assuming he meant Hedwig the owl, but y’know, this works too. Terrifyingly.

I’m not positive, but pretty sure Sly was going to be the Terminator in the original movie, with Arnold cast as Reece. Thank goodness that changed!!!

Also, thank you Mr Travolta for turning down the role of Forrest Gump. Hanks was awesome.

Man, my internet gets cut off for a day and look at all the awesomeness I missed.

Truth is, there’s actually been more than 3 performances of Keanu’s which were good, but I rather enjoyed everyone chiming in with different choices for the 3rd one.

I think he did a really good job in both Devil’s Advocate (despite an accent that slipped every now and again), the Gift, and A Scanner Darkly.

The Replacements?
The Lake house?

Oh i got it
Chain Reaction!

You forgot Johnny Mnemonic.

Man, I’m getting kind of tired of Keanu getting such a bad rap. He’s been good to great in the following movies, from least to most recent:

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Parenthood (!!!)
Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey
The Devil’s Advocate
The Matrix
The Gift
Hard Ball
Constantine

…plus a few possibles that I haven’t seen, such as A Scanner Darkly and My Own Private Idaho. And he was at least decent in Speed and The Replacements and (thought it’s not a good movie) Something’s Gotta Give.

Now, he’s sometimes miscast, and he’s made some bad movies. But, you know, I doubt highly that Chain Reaction, Sweet November and A Walk in the Clouds were masterpiece scripts that were ruined by wooden acting. He’s a great character actor by no means, but really, when you look at movies that weren’t d0med from the get-go, the only ones that stand out as bad performances of his are the ones that he had no business being cast in because he was completely wrong for the part.