How to play my iTunes/Apple music on my Chromecast?

Thank you, not sure how active I’ll be, got a lot of projects going on at the moment, so research takes up most of my time but I’ll check in occasionally. I’ve also recently added a web interface it more easily control the audio output. Simply, go to the devices IP address over port :2221 and you get a decent looking page with buttons to choose what room you want to stream to. Over time the interface will get better and look better. I’m hoping to add volume control soon as well. Any requests I’ll gladly look into and implement if possible. 😁

Hey all, just wanted to do another update on the project. The new project has a Web UI, which allows you to control which output device to stream to, this way you dont need to ssh into the console or use a keyboard. Just simply visit your Pi’s IP address on port 2221 in a web browser and choose from there. The Web UI will soon gain a functional Volume Control as well.

The installation script has also been given a few more changes and makes things a bit simpler for installing. No more need for the username and no more need for monitoring the install to press enter. Everything is automated after, choosing the name for your AirPlay Speaker.

You could also just use plex, if you use the free version you will only be able to stream from your computer/media server but you can control it from your phone, this has the added benefit of allowing you to access your content from anywhere anytime and most streaming boxes support it inythe chromecast

Plex doesn’t work with the streaming Apple Music though, only actual music files.

I’ve switched over to Spotify now and no longer need to solve this problem so I won’t be able to test the Pi solution. For Mac users, streaming Apple Music through to Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil still works: https://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2016/10/28/airfoil-5-5-now-playing-on-chromecast/

In another thread, @wumpus posted that this is the top thread title for Google search result referrals to Qt3. It should come as no surprise that it needs to be defended from spammers. In fact, that would make a nice Discourse feature. Monitor the top 5 (or 10?) Google search result threads and lock them down from spammers by restricting them to posters of a certain age or quality profile.

But what if you want to play your iTunes/Apple music on your Chromecase? What will people do?

Is there a reason this thread isn’t locked? If someone really couldn’t find the answer with a search, they could just start a new thread.

I am amazed how old is this thread and there is still no solution on how to stream your Apple Music to Chromecast, Smart TV or home cinema. I will be glad to find any alternative, except Apple TV, which is useless in my country and thus doesn’t worth the spending.

@ All - airfoil doesn’t do the job!

Sure it does, just the Mac version of Airfoil.

I’m bowing to the inevitable and closing this thread.