How to play my iTunes/Apple music on my Chromecast?

I have a lot of music and audio on my PC, and use Apple Music (for now.) We’re sitting in the den on a lazy Sunday afternoon, my Chromecast in here is connected to my audio system, and I want to listen to a playlist I have in iTunes. I picked up my iPhone and realize I have no idea how to play my music on my Chromecast.

Is there a simple way to do this that I’m missing?

You can’t.

Well, I guess I’ll just have to install Google Music on my system and iPhone - it appears to have the ability to directly import your music and playlists from iTunes and of course is fully Chromecast friendly.

Isn’t there a Chromecast app for iOS? Why not use that?

Apple currently doesn’t want to make Apple Music available to stream through the Chromecast device. Google is waiting on them.

That sucks, though not surprising in the least.

Could you not bodge it by using the tab casting method in Chrome? “Just” stream your music to your PC browser.

Sure, if you can play apple music in your browser. Which you can’t.

You can cast audio from a computer using something like Soundcast. And of course android works too, and Apple Music runs on android. But only specific iOS apps will work with the chromecast, and Apple Music is not one of them.

That’s what I mean. Set up a stream from your PC to the web, and listen to it in Chrome.

Actually, I think Google Music may be the trick. It appears to import your iTunes music and playlists, and of course it is Chromecast friendly.

If you’re like me, you can look into it, find out that Apple is a jerk, then buy an Apple TV.

i think letting airfoil rebroadcasting the apple music audio to the chromecast works.

I use Cinch for Chromecast on my iPhone . It seems to work pretty great but its not free.

hello

if you have a paying account of spotify you can stream it from your Mac to the chrome cast Audio.

If you are having some problems connect ir computer tio your phone (or iPhone) ou tablet (ou itab) them using spotify on both you connect first - Mac to tablet ou phone them the tablet or phone to the chrome cast device.

Install spotify on mac and phone or tablet
the, go to chrome cast.com/setup and instal it pn your phone or tablet

You can upload all your audio files to Google Music (in cloud) and then stream them using Google Music app which has support for Chromecast audio.

I switched to Spotify.

If people bothered to read the OP he talks about windows pc with itunes & chromecast casting audio

To actually answer the question, Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil can do it: https://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2016/11/01/frequently-asked-questions-about-airfoil-and-chromecast/

The catch is the Windows version doesn’t have Chromecast support yet but the Mac does.

There is another option for using Chromecasts via AirPlay on any iOS device, Windows iTunes Music, as well as Apples iTunes music.

It does however, require a Raspberry Pi.

You just need to install Ubuntu MATE on the Pi and install my Repo

I have just updated the repo with an installation script.

Welcome to QT3. Planning on sticking around?