Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

It’s very accessible, but I am, admittedly, pretty knowledgeable about battletech.

I’d say play it almost like a mercenary X-Com variant, with the added considerations:

• heat and the impact the environment has on it
  • location damage matters in obvious ways, and therefore so does facing
  • smaller/lighter classed mechs move earlier in a round, but sometimes delaying can be advantageous
  • getting knocked down can be very bad for your health

I’ve heard the DLC is pretty meh for this title, so don’t let this reveal sway you.

It’s also just the first of three, all normally $20 apiece or $50 for the pass. I think I’m going to just wait for a decent price on the pass if I even decide I want the DLC, since the other early reveal is Sonic Mania and while I’ve heard good things I also do not care about Sonic.

It’s not bad at all, it’s just massively overpriced.

PSA: last day to pause etc.

I’m staying in this month because Battletech looks cool and who knows what other goodies there may be.

I was poking around Humble and discovered I had over a dozen unredeemed games. I have no idea where they came from. A few were expired.

:shrug:

Yep, that’s happened to me before. When Humble offers a free game it always has an expiration date on key redemption. For instance with Red Solstice, IIRC. The entry for the game sits there in the list forever after, taunting me.

Awe yeah, todays the day, who is ready for mild disappointment in a few hours? :P

Let’s look to the games given in EGS and in the Gamepass PC to know the games coming!

Humble went all out on the remainder of the bundle for October.

Battletech
Battletech Flashpoint
Battletech Shadow Hawk Pack
Sonic Mania…meh
Avernum 3: Ruined World…meh
Override: Mech City Brawl…meh
Planet Alpha…meh
Puss!..meh
The Spiral Scouts…meh

November early reveals are :
Call of Duty: WWII
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Spyro Reignited Trilogy

November looks pretty good actually.

Wait, isn’t Sonic Mania supposed to be the good one? If so, objection your honor! I move the “meh” be stricken from the record.

Edit: Yeah, I’m very tempted by November.

I’d get November for the Spyro Trilogy but I flatly refuse to pay anything for a Call of Duty game.

Well, at least this CoD has a single player campaign. And it’s at a reasonable price for once.

Here was Telefrog’s impression of that campaign:

I thought he expanded on that in the thread, but he didn’t. I believe he talked more about it in the Qt3 Games podcast at the time. He really made the campaign sound boring and not worth playing.

I’m sort of interested despite that, just because it is World War 2, and I haven’t played a World War 2 shooter since Call of Duty World At War.

That was a decent campaign as I recall.

I’ve maintained my Humble Monthly sub since the very beginning, without skipping a single month.

These November previews are finally enough to make me reconsider that.

I’m still waiting for someone to make a proper Brothers in Arms sequel. I’m likely to be waiting a long time.

It wasn’t the worst thing ever, but there are plenty of other games that provide a better WWII movie experience. It was just kind of rote and unsurprising. It felt like a WWII campaign put together by a committee of folks whose only interest in WWII was recreating moments from popular films, which I guess is true.

If you’re already subbing to Humble monthly, then yeah, take an 8-ish-hour tour through every WWII cliche ever made. I couldn’t recommend that anyone spend money they didn’t already have earmarked for this.

Avernum 3 is a brilliant, top tier RPG that would have been worth the bundle price alone if you are into that kind of thing. I already own it and that was the only reveal I care about, so as usual pausing if I didn’t want the headliner was the right call.