Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

oooh nice, 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLD , been wanting to play that.

Novembers games:

.https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/p/november_2019_monthly

Call of Duty®: WWII
Crash Bandicoot™
Crash Bandicoot™ 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot™ 3: Warped.
Spyro™ the Dragon
Spyro™ 2: Ripto’s Rage!
Spyro™: Year of the Dragon.
Shenmue and Shenmue 2
11-11: MEMORIES RETOLD
SYNTHETIK
Evergarden
Operator

Really enjoyed both My Time and Portia and Soul Calibur VI but, given that I already own 'em, clearly time to pause.

As to the unlocks, well, at least I got Spyro, and there was some good stuff in the Trove.

Huh, why did I think we still had 2 hours to go.

I was expecting worse after those three big reveals. Evergarden looks interesting, and it’s by the same folks as Race the Sun.

I’ve never played a Soul Calibur game before, is it like Street Figher/Tekken?

More fluid and intuitive, less about memorized combos. It’s long been my favorite fighting series for exactly that reason. Also, substantial single player content, which is uncommon in fighting games. If it has a flaw, it’s that it’s just really, really Japanese in the worst ways in terms of story-telling and female character design (though you can custom build characters, which helps a lot).

Ah, nice, I’m interested in all 3 early reveals, here’s my chance to get on the classic bandwagon.

Tom seemed to enjoy his time in Portia.

Black Friday is coming up, so don’t sub too soon for the next one. Always a deal on monthly.

I like them more than the other two. This game also has a huge character customization system, which can be… something…

Maybe I’d be interested in it then. I totally suck and remembering combos. I’d only be interested in the single player though.

I’m not terribly interested in any of the three reveals. Yakuza has really high ratings, but I tend not to like that setting - not sure why. I don’t usually like crafting / tending crop type games so I don’t think I’d like My Time at Portica.

For what it’s woth, this perfectly describes me, and it’s the only fighting game series I actually enjoy. YMMV of course!

Really glad you said this, since it made me look at it more closely. I really enjoyed Race the Sun and while this is obviously very different, it does look interesting.

Soul Calibur VI is awesome. Yakuza Kiwami is pretty good, but Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2 are better.

I haven’t played Portia, but I might one day. Not sure though, since Stardew Valley has that game genre so well covered for me.

While Portia has farming, it’s not about farming - it’s about building .You can go the whole game and never grow a crop. As someone that enjoys the whole “life simulator” thing but is really burnt out on virtual farming, I liked it a lot.

Good to know. I might get it some day. Thanks.

Nothing much that I cared about in this month’s reveals, so I’m glad I was able to insta-pause when reactivating. But next month actually looks good, with all three games being ones I have at least some interest in. Used to love Soul Calibur back on the Dreamcast and GameCube.

I went ahead and reactivated, thinking I wanted to get my store discount before the Halloween sale was over, but then it turned out the main thing I wanted to buy (Devil May Cry 5) was cheaper on Gamersgate even after the discount.

NICE! I’ve been wanting Soul Caliber 6. This will be the first monthly that I buy into.

Already pausing for next month. I did notice that among the SIX confirmations I had to click to get it to accept the Pause there was one that offered $2 off the price, so if you’re on the fence and $10 vs. $12 would seal the deal for you, try cycling through the Pause A Month whack-a-mole and see if it rewards you.

PSA : If you have Humble Store credit built up (as I do), much of it is set to expire at the end of this year. Humble sent out some emails earlier this year about changing the way they do store credit, and expiring old store credit (from previous referrals or promotions) at the end of 2019.

I plan to sub to the monthly on Dec 6th if it’s at all interesting simply to reactivate the store discount, then blow my credit (ironically it’s around $12, but you can’t use store credit on bundles) during the inevitable holiday sale.

Hey, look at that. all the reveals are games I didn’t own and mostly am at least sort of interested in this month. Nice.

And the early reveals next month too. Woo.

I forget which Yakuza game(s) I own, and the Steam page to show my entire library doesn’t load because I own too many games. So I’ll be happy about Soul Calibur at the very least and maybe pleasantly surprised about Kiwami when I get home!

NotSureIfSerious.gif
lol

Steam says I own 3,312 games and 2,346 DLC so completely serious…

…but Yakuza Kiwami was not one of them, so that’s cool.