Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

@lordkosc has been shirking his responsibility to give a detailed writeup of Rise of Industry. Isn’t he a MVP or something where is is supposed to serve the community? :-)

I sense a possible besmirching of my good name, and behold indeed there was an attempt!

Rise of Industry is somehow not fun, yet it should be fun, I found it too complex, and lacks giving me enough basic hand holding to get a good set up going. @Nightgaunt nailed it with his comments above.

It makes me sad, as I do love the look they created with their graphics and in game engine. Also blimp transport should be amazing, but it turns out to be a chore to set up.

Alternatives I’d suggest are Transport Fever 2 or OTTD.

https://www.openttd.org/

Do you think you could use your clout to get Humble to swap out Rise of Industry for TF2?

If I had such clout, I would have done so already! ;)

C’mon @Rod_Humble help him out!

I would if I could! Not my circus, not my monkeys :)

You might check, back in the HB Monthly days, a pause was only good for a month and automatically went back to active after that month. Not sure if that has changed.

Right, it’s still the same. I paused once this month’s games were revealed.

Ah, I get it now. Sometimes they sweeten the deal to un-pause.

Yeah, last month they sent me several offers to unpause and get $3 off. I would have taken them up on that it repeated this month.

I don’t have xcom 2 or Gladius but I’m thinking of pausing as I don’t know if I’d get around to it. Maybe I’ll try pausing and if they offer me the discount I’ll grab it. If not I’ll just pause.

Decided to pause since Rise of Industry doesn’t seem to be worth it and got Monster Train instead!

I didn’t pause, and still haven’t gotten the emails telling me about my purchase and to choose my games. Anyone else noticing this? It used to be automatic but now, not so much.

EDIT: Weird-- apparently the auto-billing has changed to the last Sunday now. Is that new as an ongoing thing (I was paused last month so I wouldn’t know if it had taken effect then), or just a one-off?

That seems to be new, yesterday they were telling me I would be auto-billed in less than a day when I was pausing for this month.

Umm, n/m my previous post, because I just got my email after all, today – don’t know what’s going on with these people lately.

I forgot to pause and don’t want most of these games. I redeemed a couple but have most of them up for grabs. LMK if you want one.

I paused because the only thing I was interested in is Rise of Industry, but it wasn’t enough to keep me in. I’d like to try it if it’s available.

Is there a place to see what May’s games are on the Humble website. I’ve been clicking around, and can’t find them anywhere. They do mention previous month’s games, but not May’s.

Edit: Aha! I couldn’t find it on the website, but it looks like they have a blog:

I usually go to the gg deals site because it gives you more information and clickable links for each game:

I’d love Gladius if it’s available. That was all I wanted from this set.