Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

What discord?

Side note

/Side note

That would be the Space Game Junkie one that Brian runs as part of his nascent media empire. :-)

It’s a pretty active community and there are a lot of devs that are a part of it too. Here you go: https://discord.gg/BEKBAx

Ah, ninja’d by the man himself.

Looks good to me!

Overload
The Messenger
Supraland
Grid (although I like my racing games on console, TV)

Hmm, there’s one other item to consider - anyone want to make a case for/against MoW:Assault Squad 2? Is it like CoH (not a big fan) or more like Close Combat (huge fan), or something else entirely?

I think it’s of the same lineage as Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 back when. Some Euro-jank, including bad voice acting and localization, such as, famously: “Target is in the reach zone!” I enjoyed being able to select a soldier and personally finesse his aim in the original Men of War. I wouldn’t get the bundle just for that, but why not check it out. It’s not as polished as CoH, which I really loved personally, but never managed even to finish the main campaign, since RTS’s are too fast for my slow reflexes.

Why would you buy something you want instead of something that’s a good deal? That’s just weird.

First pause since they started this thing. Maybe it’s time to get off this ride, my backlog is already tremendous.

I agree. Looks like they buried the lead on this bundle.

I already have Overload though, and Hellblade. I need more info about the rest of the games, but at the moment I’m leaning towards pausing again.

Skipping two is easy this month. King’s Bird & Stillness of the Wind are both in the itch Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality (link). No steam keys there.

At first, this looks pretty underwhelming, especially since the only three games I’ve even heard of are the ones I already have, but all the others look pretty interesting upon further inspection. I’m in, though I’m kind of annoyed we’re already back to “mystery games”. I thought moving to Choice was supposed to get away from that.

This is A re-post. By design.

Also not a Humble bundle.

But a Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality!

No steam keys because it’s itch.io. but there are 1,427 “items” for $5 bucks???!

Should be some kind of record.

And, sure enough, Humble is taking a crack at it with their Humble Fight for Racial Justice Bundle. It’s a very interesting mix of games and books at a higher buy-in point of $30, with a far lower absolute number of games but also significantly less chaff to separate out from the good stuff. Proceeds go to benefit the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Race Forward, and The Bail Project.

I was wondering when Humble was going to get around to that. I guess they didn’t want to “compete” with the Itch Bundle, since splitting charitable attention is counter-productive.

Eclectic mixture, but some good stuff in there. However, the items that are of interest are pretty much entirely things I already own, so I think I’ll pass on that one.

Same. A good selection, but like most Humble Bundles that means I’ve already bought them ages ago.

Anyone know when the last day to pause is for this month?

Probably next Thursday 25th as they take the payment on 26th.

PSA-- today is the last day to pause the Humble Choice if you don’t want to be auto-charged for it. I began the pause procedure but they bribed me with 2 bucks and I figured the resulting price of $10 was all right for getting GRID 2019, Supraland and Barotrauma, and a Steam copy of Overload.

I have paused as they did not offer me a bribe.

Paused last week, can’t remember if they offered me a bribe. It wouldn’t have made a difference.