Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Has anyone tried Elderborn? The description sounded very intriguing.

That sounds incredibly generic to me, but hey, YMMV.

Elderborn is a lot of fun, and I typically hate Souls-style games.

Well, I basically play anything that gets compared to Dark Souls, because I’m just a huge fan of that whole sub-genre now. It came out of nowhere and knocked me upside the head.

ADOM is a wonderful traditional roguelike.

If you’re interested in the game, but don’t care for this bundle maybe buy it directly from Steam or GOG. That way Thomas Biskup and Co. will get more than a few pennies from Humble/IGN.

Yeah, having the first three headliners all be currently on Game Pass makes for a bit of an underwhelming bundle. Kind of interested in Paradise Killer, but don’t know if there’s anything else I would get around to here.

Easily the best monthly this year imo.

Too bad all the big games are on the pass and things I’m unlikely to play twice. I’ll probably still buy it though, for no rush to finish those. Kill it with fire and paradise killer were on my wishlist.

Dirt 5 looks really pretty with HDR. The night races under fireworks were great. Don’t go in expecting it to be like earlier diets. This one is more like motorstorm and gravel

Yeah, this is the other thing that’s stopping me from picking up the bundle. It’s fairly clear the “top tier” stuff gets the lion’s share of the cash and I truly don’t care about any of those games. So not only are the pickings slim, but the couple of small indie games of interest would really benefit more from a “proper purchase” even at a steep sale.

A curiosity, Humble Bundle page says Nimbatus is mixed on Steam

but it’s a mistake, it has 82% positive.

None of this is particularly calling my name. I have Yakuza 0 but have hardly played it. In contrast I’ve played quite a bit of Yakuza Like a Dragon on Game Pass and plan to finish it. I guess the turn based combat is the thing I’m liking, plus the goofiness of Ichiban as the main character.

The Surge 2 and DIRT 5 I could take or leave. I played a bit of the latter on Game Pass and it just felt like it had no soul at all, that it was more or less “extruded.” Elderborn looks like it could be interesting, and ADOM too for old school play. Paradise Killer’s art style kinda turns me off, honestly, although the game sounds intriguing if I didn’t have a bazillion games either owned or on Game Pass that I’d play before that one.

So probably another Pause.

It’s probably the difference between all the ratings vs steam- bought reviews.

No, not in this case. Rating for all purchases shows as 83% for me (82% for steam purchases and 92% for not purchased on steam).

Bunch of arse as usual. The only game I’m remotely interested in is ADOM but I’m not buying the bundle for that.

I want Yakuza 3 and ADOM but will pass. It’ll be awhile before I play the other Yakuzas and need to play 3, and getting the Remastered Collection (3,4,5) on sale should be a better deal anyways. I’ll pick up ADOM separately sometime.

Not saying they aren’t worth playing, but the only games I have heard of in this bundle is Dirt and ADOM.

Awe yeah Bee Simulator, I heard lots of Buzz about that game.

Overall an alright bundle, some definite bundle fodder in there though.

<slow_clap.gif>

I’ve been wanting to play Paradise Killer, don’t have ADOM, and they knocked $2 off this month when I went to pause, so I guess I’m in. If you want one of the other games this month, let me know - I’ll have some codes to give away.

ADOM has been on my wishlist and I considered picking it up a number of times. Similarly with Nimbatus. The rest of the package doesn’t really appeal. I’m tired of decisions though (I have some big life changing one ahead of me) so I figure stuff it, get the bundle and maybe one day I’ll play those games? Maybe.

I really enjoyed Paradise Killer, and loved the confidence it had in just plunging you into a profoundly strange world and then letting you catch up. It kept me intrigued enough to see it through to the end.

Anyway, thanks to this bundle I now have a spare Steam key for the game, PM me if you would like it. gone