Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Everyone values things differently. Any AAA or AA or big studio titles that get lumped into Choice are rarely ones I’m going to play. I don’t care if it’s a $60 value. Meanwhile, Katana Zero is one of the most lauded small indie titles of the last few years. If Choice had more games like it, I don’t care how old they are or really what their regular price is, I would be happy as a clam as a Choice subscriber.

Maybe:

Aw man, I was kind looking forward to that knowing nothing about it. I even already downloaded it. I’ll go in with expectations lowered

You guys made me remote install Katana Zero on my console and on my PC using the Game Pass app. If it’s that good, I should play it now instead of waiting for the Humble Bundle to drop! :)

Yikes. This is probably the worst humble bundle I’ve ever seen. Instapause.

If anyone wants Katana Zero and/or Guts & Glory, PM me.

This is the main reason I haven’t bought it yet. It seems perfect for the humble bundle. That and Dying Light.

My kid usually plays most stuff gained via Humble/Epic/whatever, but he purposely bought Katana Zero and 100%'d it because he enjoyed it that much. Not my kind of game, but he has a pretty good track record of not buying stuff that’s crap. FWIW.

Weak month, WEAK! I am still gonna register all the games though. :P

That would seem to depend pretty strongly on what part of the “indie” market interests a person, wouldn’t it? Indie may get treated as a genre but it’s really not. Most of what’s here appears to be either action or horror (with some adventure and VN stuff thrown in), and those don’t interest me much whether they’re “indie” or not.

Pause again. I don’t know why I even bother.

Yes, but it is no different than using AAA to describe games. In past months we’ve gotten a PGA and an NBA game. Not thrilling if you don’t care for them.

I mean, exactly. I’ve got exactly as much use for an indie action-platformer as I have for a AAA sports game. None.

This month’s bundle looks ok. But then again, I still haven’t even claimed last month’s bundle. And part of that includes games I already own.

I suppose I’m here because after seeing that Planet Zoo was again on special on the Steam store, I was hoping it would have been a headliner this month. I guess that’s a big part of my disappointment.

112 Operator is about the only game I have much interest in this month. Decisions… decisions.

I still need to get a new computer to I can play that one. I own it, but my god the processor demands just fry my old chip every time.

How old are we talking? I feel like my i7 6700 is getting long in the tooth (and in fact won’t make the cut for an in-place update to Windows 11).

Older. :) But if you’re interested in the game it’s worth taking the processor specs seriously (unlike with most game) because it really does beat up the CPU pretty hard (or did last time I played it anyway).

Another pause for me this month. Katana Zero is great, but I already played through it via Game Pass, and nothing else is catching my eye.

Well they just offered me $6 for Choice for the next 3 months, just when you think you are out, they pull you back in again.

Unless you actually want the October bundle that’s not really a great deal.

If November is something I want, I can do the pause dance and get it for $8. If by some miracle December is also something I want, it’d cost me $12, that’s a total of $20 for those two months.

If I take the $6 a month deal I’m stuck with October (which I don’t want) and I also get November and December, so in the best case scenario where those are both months I want it’s $18 for those two instead of $20 for those two. But, of course, I have to buy them sight unseen to save those $2 and their track record lately is not so great.

So yeah, I’ll take my chances and if they’re actually both good months I’ll be thrilled to pay them the extra $2 I might have saved here.

…if the $4 off coupon is offered, which may or not happen. If it doesn’t happen then you would be paying $24 for the 2 months that you want, which is a whopping $6 over the incredible bargain of $18 for 2 months and a month full of games that you don’t want but could gift to the good people of QT3 - bringing you much joy and good luck.