Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Forget everything else you guys, if you don’t already have Guts and Glory, get this bundle just for that. IT’S SO GOOD.

Looks like somebody in accounting decided the margins needed some boosting.

Eh, I’ll still probably not bother pausing.

The headliner, Katana Zero, was $6.00 on Humble’s own store recently. Many of the other games have also been on sale for less than $10 and even as low as $1 (Syberia 3) recently. Not to say games like Amnesia : Rebirth, Katana Zero, Texorcist, Guts & Glory and Syberia 3 aren’t good entertaining games, but in the immortal words of a recently deceased legendary adman : “Where’s the beef?!”.

If this is what the future of Humble Choice looks like, I see a whole lot of PAUSE in my personal future.

Now that I’ve decided to look at it as: I am buying 144 games for $144, I actually appreciate the fact that none of the games so far have been games that I owned on Steam already. Maybe through Game Pass, or on Xbox for a couple of them, but no real repeat buys. That’s pretty cool.

Bad month. Paused.

I’ve never even heard of anything in that bundle other than Amnesia and Syberia, both of which are pretty long in the tooth at this point.

I’ll investigate a bit but this is looking like another pause in a long string of pauses. I’ve got a mile long list of indie games on my wishlist, it’s been a distressingly long time since more than one of them at a time showed up in a monthly.

John Wick Hex is supposed to be pretty neat and likely worth $8. Dunno about $12. I own it on Epic, probably was a freebie at some point.

Edit: Nope, I paid $7.61 for it in 2019 and never played it.

Syberia 3 is excellent but someone posted it’s been as low as $1 before. I own it already.

Staying paused, yet another month.

I’ve got quite a few I expected to show up in a monthly by now. I’m gonna have to suck it up and just buy Project Wingman

Guts and Glory did look fun in a twisted way when I saw Brian stream it but I probably would play it for a half hour and never touch it again. Katana Zero has a really cool soundtrack (which almost certainly isn’t included) but I don’t know anything about what kind of game it is–think it’s on Game Pass?

Nothing here is particularly speaking to me.

That’s probably the least appealing bundle for my personal tastes that I can remember in a long time. Queue “feels like a $1 Fanatical bundle”.

No, it is hot garbage. Would not be worth your time to download for free. And it’s not just me being a a grumpy old man, basically no one of the forum liked it: John Wick Hex - Baba Yaga WEGO-ish Sim

Humble Bundle needs at least one banner game per month. Katana Zero launched April 2019 and its launch price was $14.99. That ain’t it, folks.

Maybe it’s Amnesia Rebirth then? It launched in Sept 2020 and is currently $30 on Steam?

$30 launch doesn’t a banner game make but that’s sure as hell better than Katana Zero. Wonder why they didn’t put it in the top-left slot.

If they put Terminator: Resistance in there I’d be all over that month.

The latest Fanatical bundle is, btw, much better than this.

Yes, I would pay the full $12 for Terminator Resistance. That would be a perfect banner Humble game. A couple years old, sold for $60 at release, but not AAA.

Rebirth is the latest game and maybe a year old.

Rebirth is the closest thing to a headliner in the bunch, and it was $12 on Steam two weeks ago.

Absolutely no reason for me to buy this month. However I will say 112 Operator is kind of fun for a little while, especially since you can play in your own city.