Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Oh dammit, I’ve forgotten to pause once again. Was there anything decent this month? How can a month have passed so quickly already? Well, every time this happens I open a support ticket and ask them nicely and they always refund my money. I suppose they know that if they don’t I’ll get upset and just quit altogether.

CHICKEN POLICE!

I paused a few days ago, just a bunch of games I’d end up never playing and backlogging.

Exactly my conclusion. There’s plenty in here that’s vaguely interesting but nothing I can realistically say I’ll get around to.

It seems like an okay bundle overall. I would have bought in if I didn’t already have Ghostrunner.

Yeah, Ghostrunner was the only thing that really interested me, and GOG gave it away a while back. The rest left me pretty cold.

I guess we will know in one hour.

So “Planet Zoo” is the banner game this month? No thanks.

Already have C&C Remastered and Embr and Genesis Noir through Game Pass.

I loved the idea of C&C Remastered, and it’s really well done, but I didn’t make it very far into the campaign before I decided I’d rather play modern games rather than replay old ones like that.

I need to try Genesis Noir and Embr to see if they’re worth owning I guess.

All the games are shovelware, like $7-15 or so, other than Planet Zoo. That’s why I called it the banner game. If you actually want to play any of them then of course the bundle makes sense for you, it’s still a good deal if you care about even a single game in the bundle.

Surviving the Aftermath is a 30€ game.

I usually like weird, quirky games, but I didn’t like Genesis Noir.

edit It really seems a month geared toward strategy gamers. Three of them are city builder/tycoon games, and the 4th one is C&C remaster.

I enjoyed my first hour or so with Spellcaster University, but haven’t found time to get back to it. But I very much want to do that. (And it is a $20-25 game.)

Yeah, if you look at sales or even stuff like Eneba that always have much cheaper prices for keys (thanks to other regions, which is a bit of grey area), obviously they will be cheaper, I’m talking of MSRP.

In any case I agree that the theoretical bump on game quality that was going to appear didn’t materialize.

Putting up weird reseller links in which both games cost more than the Humble Bundle is…a take.

Dude get out of here with that grey market shit.

Yep it’s exactly as predicted.
https://i.imgur.com/CxtxMLM.jpeg

That’s right, let’s admit the comparison with game on sale on another shop is valid. But… still, a single game is of the same price than the monthly cost of the subscription, and we aren’t even comparing it with the banner game.

Supposing you like, say, three of the 8 games, is still a good offer.

I think that was the easiest skip in a while. Usually there is one I’m on the fence about.

My usual post, looking at Steam reviews

Planet Zoo - 90% positive
Spongebob - 94% positive
C&C Remaster - 90% positive
Spellcaster University - 82% positive
Surviving the Aftermath - 88% recent positive
if found… - 90% positive
Genesis noir - 64% recent, 81% overall
Embr - 86% positive

I like Planet Zoo but 1) already own it and 2) can’t run it because it’s a huge processor hog and I have an older system.

Surviving the Aftermath looks pretty cool but I hate buying these things for one game.